Page 182 of 184 FirstFirst ... 168178180181182183184 LastLast
Results 1,811 to 1,820 of 1837

Thread: Game of Thrones

1. Why did Jon and his team took the elevator when there is a giant gaping hole right next to it?

2. he’s a fan of muzak.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Keeping the nightwatch around seems stupid. Even if no one believed in white walkers, being sent to the wall made sense out of tradition and protection from wildlings.
    But now they know there were whitewalkers, and they’ve all been wiped out. The wildlings are at peace with the south, so there’s no reason to worry about them. Besides, in a generation Sansa’s offspring and Jon’s offspring will marry and truly unite the North.
    Oh, is everyone going to make use of the Nightwatch? Wouldnt it be weird for one kingdom to let another one send its worst people through to take residence there? There’s precedence set. They dont send their best people north. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people
    This is a really good comment but my phone doesn’t let me rep people

And yeah wtf with the nights watch shit, there’s no threat anymore. Dumbass show!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

4. The Watch is basically a bunch of racist northerners that hate the free folk.

5. Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    Makes Lost look good. Yikes.
    Uh, yeah, no. Lost was almost impossibly bad. They would have been hard pressed to write something worse if that was the goal.

GoT felt really compressed and wasn't fleshed out enough, but the ending didn't have me asking myself why the fuck I wasted years watching this shit (like Lost did) and have seven thousand unresolved questions that we were promised answers to (black smoke, anyone)? Lost pissed me off. GoT had seven years of good/great and one year of meh/mediocre. I'll take it.

6. I feel like the real end should have been the fragmentation of Westeros into seven seperate kingdoms, with hints of impending wars for power between them, showing that you can break the wheel and dethrone the tyrant, but powerful men will always wage wars for power at the expense of the powerless. That would be thematically consistent with the story which, until the last seasons, really tried to subvert the hero narrative.

The idea that all it took was a weak sales pitch by a traitorous dwarf to convince all of the powerful men in the realm (who were conveniently and inexplicably assembled in hostile enemy territory) to put their differences aside and elect Bran is not just difficult to believe, but really inconsistent with the shows themes.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 20 May 2019 at 05:12 PM.

7. Besides, in a generation Sansa’s offspring and Jon’s offspring will marry and truly unite the North.
    King Beyond the Wall isn’t a hereditary position; Mance Rayder was a defector from the Night’s Watch too, remember? IIRC there were decades- and even centuries-long stretches without a King Beyond the Wall, because no-one was a big enough hero to inspire the Free Folk to unite under them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

8. Quote Originally Posted by Space Pirate Roberts View Post
    King Beyond the Wall isn’t a hereditary position; Mance Rayder was a defector from the Night’s Watch too, remember? IIRC there were decades- and even centuries-long stretches without a King Beyond the Wall, because no-one was a big enough hero to inspire the Free Folk to unite under them.
    I would think Jon would be.

9. i swear he’s the worst.
    well, second worst but only because the worst posts more often than he.