Page 127 of 184 FirstFirst ... 113123125126127128129131141 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 1837

Thread: Game of Thrones

His true name most likely

Edit: even if your not savvy on to the tarharyan connection. The fact it faded from The baby to jon is pretty self explanatory.
    Last edited by JBNagis; 27 Jun 2016 at 12:01 PM.

2. The beginning of the episode I thought specifically talked about Rhaegar raping L.

3. Think Jaime is going to go into full redemption mode? Considering he's like the only one left with interesting moral ambiguity?
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

4. If you've read the books and have been reading the internet for years and years and were caught up on all of the speculation, it's obvious.

I talked to a friend that just watches the show and asked them if they understood what happened there. I'll just put all this in spoilers:

Friend: "yeah, yeah.. that's the birth of Jon Snow."

Me: "Do you know who the father is?"

Friend: "lol, yeah... Ned Stark."

Me: "wait... What?" "Do you know who the lady giving birth is?" "That is Ned's sister, Lyanna" "Let me tell you a story..."

So I think a lot of the historical context is missing from the show. The Mad King Aerys II Targaryen ruling Westeros and Robert Baratheon betrothed to Lyanna Stark. Lyana and Rhaegar secretly falling in love and conceiving a child. Robert starting Robert's Rebellion, telling everyone Rhaegar kidnapped and raped Lyana, and then killing Rhaegar at the Battle of the Trident. Jamie killing the King Aerys. All Targaryens are targeted for death. Daenerys and Viserys escape Westeros. Tower of Joy happens. Lyanna makes Ned promise to keep Jon Snow (Targaryen) safe and dies.

Last edited by sedition; 27 Jun 2016 at 01:39 PM.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post
    The sword that Ned leaned on the bed was Dawn (Arthur Dayne's family sword). I wonder why attention was drawn to that?
    You know why, right?

Born amidst smoke is the only part that doesn't make sense to me.
    Last edited by sedition; 27 Jun 2016 at 01:25 PM.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Jed View Post
    Super good episode, and a great finale, absolutely no complaints. The one thing I found the most shocking though, was Cersei's reaction to Tommen's death. I thought that would push her completely over the edge, but bitch didn't even flinch. Brutal.
    She's given in to the prophecy.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

7. Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post
    It's tough to top that level of dedication to the battle's production and I doubt the finale will do so. However, I'm still bookmarking this post so that if what I'm suspecting happens actually occurs, I'd like to see how it compares for you.

I'm really hoping the point of that scene is for Bran to hear his ultimate plan through the Weirwood tree, which he'll divulge so Sansa can "trust" him again. It's the same thing he told those whores back in season 1, but with more detail since he's got a soft spot for Sansa and is smart enough to know that he doesn't have much leverage with her.
    BTW, last night's episode totally stood up.

Just a really fucking solid one two punch to finish the season.

8. Quote Originally Posted by sedition View Post
    Friend: "yeah, yeah.. that's the birth of Jon Snow."

Me: "Do you know who the father is?"

Friend: "lol, yeah... Ned Stark."
    That's why I was asking. It seems to be that the "casual viewer" people are unaware of who his father is.

Quote Originally Posted by sedition View Post
    You know why, right?

Born amidst smoke is the only part that doesn't make sense to me.
    I really don't think that Dawn is Lightbringer. Aside from that, the salt in tears seems like a cop out for prophecy fulfillment.

That said, the only Dayne mentioned in the show was Arthur so I can't see Bran viewing the return of the sword to Ashara at Starfall. I get that he grabbed the sword up and used it to kill Dayne off and then brought it with him since he didn't know what was going on up there. It still seems odd to focus on it.

9. Born under a bleeding star

Dawn was forged from a "fallen star" and covered in blood in the scene.

10. Why isn't Benjen riding an elk?

Where did Ghost go?