Page 88 of 184 FirstFirst ... 7484868788899092102 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones

1. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Ramsay
    http://www.reddit.com/r/OutOfTheLoop...er_child_when/

(I haven't read the comments there so I'd avoid them. Just read the initial answer.)

2. Game of Thrones

That fight last episode was some Xena-level shit. It was just totally amateurish. The plotting (I like how they all got there at the exact same time), staging, timing, choreography, it was just utter crap.

3. The scene with Jorah and Tyrion got me thinking about the Lord Commander. Why exactly was Jorah's father at the wall to begin with? It doesn't make sense that the head of house Mormont would choose to go to the wall, and I'm pretty sure he didn't do anything disgraceful to be sent there.

4. Last edited by Satsuki; 18 May 2015 at 04:01 PM. Reason: found the image
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

5. Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post
    - I wish there was a way to "empower" women without raping them.
    It wouldn't be as bad as it is if they tossed in a male rape somewhere. Expect me to believe in this shitty perverted world not one male character in power hasn't raped another guy to make them feel more shamed or so they could feel that little bit more power? Nah. =p

6. Steph had no reaction to Sansa getting raped. Her words "They consummated the marriage". She's a odd chick.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    That fight last episode was some Xena-level shit. It was just totally amateurish. The plotting (I like how they all got there at the exact same time), staging, timing, choreography, it was just utter crap.
    One of my buddies, before the season, was super excited for the Sand Snakes. To paraphrase, "These badass bitches are going to fuck shit up in King's Landing." He was really pissed about Oberyn so he did some Googling and read some stuff about them without spoiling too much. Now he is very sad that they suck and I was like, "I'm sorry, I should have told you that they are lame in the books, too."

Quote Originally Posted by Jed View Post
    The scene with Jorah and Tyrion got me thinking about the Lord Commander. Why exactly was Jorah's father at the wall to begin with? It doesn't make sense that the head of house Mormont would choose to go to the wall, and I'm pretty sure he didn't do anything disgraceful to be sent there.
    You're referring to show universe, right? I don't think they explained it in the show. The "Game of Thrones Wiki" mentions him giving up rule of Bear Island to Jorah and joining the Night's Watch just like the book, but I honestly don't recall that being explained. In the books, I think it was because he didn't want to be involved in Robert's Rebellion. He doesn't really explain it but the timing is a little too convenient.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyosalad View Post
    It wouldn't be as bad as it is if they tossed in a male rape somewhere. Expect me to believe in this shitty perverted world not one male character in power hasn't raped another guy to make them feel more shamed or so they could feel that little bit more power? Nah. =p
    Well, I mean, Reek. Yeah, some actual guy rape is pretty much nonexistent, but I think Ramsay's torture was pretty damn close. Even in the book, after springing fArya and fleeing Winterfell, which is pretty much guaranteed to happen with him and Sansa in the show, it was so damaging that Theon Greyjoy is still hoping for - and okay with - dying.

Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    Steph had no reaction to Sansa getting raped. Her words "They consummated the marriage". She's a odd chick.
    My girl didn't really, at first. But Theon's face has been haunting her over the past few days.

EDIT: I feel super insincere/hypocritical with my rape criticism since the female lead of my book brings up having been raped as a young girl before explaining how that motivated her to realize she had to protect herself. Does it make it better that it's used to frame why she almost cut some guy's dick off and used that to book safe passage on a boat?
    Last edited by Calliander; 19 May 2015 at 09:46 AM.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post
    My girl didn't really, at first. But Theon's face has been haunting her over the past few days.
    It was more the grunts and crying along with Theon basically watching his sister get deflowered/raped. I just wanted him to kill that mother fucker straight out. That whole scene isn't in the books though, is it?

9. If he did the exact same shit except with Reek out of the room it would've been a normal fuck by Ramsey standards. Boring even.

I mean, we all knew that they were going to bone that night. Including Sansa. I do think the Internet is a little bit overdramatic about that scene.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    It was more the grunts and crying along with Theon basically watching his sister get deflowered/raped. I just wanted him to kill that mother fucker straight out. That whole scene isn't in the books though, is it?
    Technically, yes.

If you feel like this should be in spoiler tags, please feel free to edit them in. One of the story lines that has been 'absorbed' by Sansa is that of her friend, Jeyne Poole. Littlefinger snatches Jeyne up at some point around when Ned is killed and he puts her to work in his brothels. Tywin tasks Littlefinger with locating Arya so that they can leverage Sansa and Arya against Robb. It's not clear whether it was Petyr's or Tywin's idea but after the Red Wedding and naming Roose as Warden of the North, they dressed Jeyne up as Arya Stark and sent her to Winterfell so she could marry Ramsay.

Ramsay makes Reek "get Arya ready" for him to bed her after the wedding: "With your mouth," Lord Ramsay said. "And be quick about it. If she’s not wet by the time I’m done disrobing, I will cut off that tongue of yours and nail it to the wall."

The deed itself is not described but thereafter they speak of how Ned Stark's daughter's wails of pain at the hands of Ramsay are lowering morale. There is also a whole other plot by the northerners who hate the Boltons, which I suspect is being absorbed by Brienne and those nondescript people in Winterfell.