Page 89 of 184 FirstFirst ... 7585878889909193103 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones

1. I'm not spoiler tagging shit, it didn't happen on TV so it doesn't matter in this TV thread. I had read a bit about that, the whole Jeyne Poole thing.

Odd that the people of Winterfell wouldn't know f-Arya apart from the regular one, but I guess they've been away for a while.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    Odd that the people of Winterfell wouldn't know f-Arya apart from the regular one, but I guess they've been away for a while.
    That's the thing - Theon killed the ones who were there and Bran/Rickon/Hodor/Osha fled. The rest were killed/imprisoned with Ned in King's Landing. (In the book, a couple of other important folks get away.) So the people in Winterfell at that time would not recognize her. The only person who knows for sure is Reek, though it is mentioned a couple of times that the Boltons were made aware and just don't care since nobody else will notice. The key is that there's a difference between the people who were loyal to the Starks but didn't live at Winterfell and the actual Winterfell garrison, so for the people attending the wedding, Jeyne matches the description of a slightly older Arya Stark.

The other thing that was removed was that Petyr made Sansa alter her appearance and become Alayne Stone, his bastard daughter. Nobody knows she's Sansa in the books except him.

The reason I spoiler tagged the one portion is in case it ends up happening in the show, btw. I hope it does. The fifth book did have some good story lines in the Theon/Davos chapters so I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that some of it survived the cutting/conflating/replacement.

3. Yes, Theon's 'shaving' was pretty brutal and I enjoyed his misfortune. I wish they would kill him off already because I truly detest his character. As for 'empowering Sansa' ..I have not read the books but saw on reddit that in the books, Sansa was pretty much a dumb, weak character but that in the show they were starting to flesh her out into one that may be a power of her own soon. But I suppose her overall character would change anyways since she's being woven into another character. But this character, I would say was empowered before being raped, holding onto her anger over her family's slaughter and marrying just for the chance to fuck this guy up eventually. The rape just adds more fuel to the fire that was already there.

4. Fire because she has red hair, right?

So firecrotch.

Yes? Good.

5. Not enough fire in your crotch lately, Chux? =p

6. No one has to deal with a fiery crotch anymore Sarah, antibiotics are readily available these days.

7. Seems Chux misses the good ol days though.

8. I don't even know what is going on here.

9. I don't think that scene was as emotionally challenging as it was boring. I mean, rape is depraved, but that is essentially all Ramsay is...a depraved sadist. I don't care about Theon's story anymore, but yeah, you were kinda rooting for him to do something...if only, because then something would be happening. If all this development is have to Sansa hang out with the Boltons and get raped, then, who cares? I mean, there was barely any reason to care about Sansa anyway.

Now I get that Littlefinger has his machinations, and frankly, he's like the only interesting character right now. I think a big problem with the writing lately is that the stories have become very small. You used to get a sweeping sense of the world...there was often a big jump in time from when you last visited a character or region. You got to see piece together a lot of the global implications, and there was a lot more show than tell. Now, you're always plunked down exactly where you left off even after seeing scenes elsewhere. Like a soap opera. The sense of passing time isn't being treated the same and it really hurts the scope of the show.

Also, that "trial" Cersei set up in the little room was pretty lame. The premise is fine, but I don't believe so many of the involved characters would react they way depicted. Just feels convenient.

Dorne looked great. Everything that happens there is WB-grade, unfortunately.

10. The birthmark might have been seen as he was changing Loras' armor. Who the fuck knows?