Page 93 of 184 FirstFirst ... 7989919293949597107 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones

1. For the book folks, casting calls for season 6 have started. They apparently leave the names off now.

1) Pirate. Man in his 40’s to late 50’s. He’s “an infamous pirate who has terrorized seas all around the world. Cunning, ruthless, with a touch of madness.” He’s a dangerous-looking man. A very good part this season. Gotta be Euron.

2) Father. Aged 50’s to 60’s, he’s one of the greatest soldiers in Westeros- a humorless martinet, severe and intimidating. He demands martial discipline in the field and in his home. It’s described as “a very good part” for next year and that he’s “centrally involved” in a protagonist’s storyline. Randyll Tarly. They named dropped him multiple times this season.

3) Priest. In his 40’s or 50’s. A gruff ex-soldier who found religion. Now a no-nonsense rural priest who ministers to the poor of the countryside. He’s salt-of-the-earth man who has weathered many battles. Probably a combination of Meribald & Elder Brother. If so, that means Quiet Isle and SANDOR GRAVEDIGGER.

4) Fierce Warrior. A tall man in 30’s or 40’s with a powerful physique. They’re looking for someone with “mixed ethnicity” for the role. Khal Jhaqo for sure.

They are also looking for three young boys and it's suspected a flashback but tough to say. One does kind of match with 7 year-old Ned.
    Last edited by Calliander; 26 May 2015 at 10:18 PM.

2. So I'm not complaining but seven episodes in and we haven't seen Bran Stark once, the fuck is going on with that?

3. Did you not know he's out this season?

Basically, he's training. And that training is even more boring than Arya's. He'll be back in season 6, having been taught the ways of Greenseeing and Warging from the Three Eyed Raven.

4. I mean its becoming obvious that he's not going to be in this season, but that seems so jarring to in season 6 be like "hey remember this guy from season 4? HES BACK!"

5. Are they gonna recast him? Serious question. Dude looked like he was going through a growth spurt last year and is probably 6'2" now. The idea that he is supposed to be playing some cripple kid is mildly ridiculous.

6. Nothing interesting is going on on-camera, so why should it be any different off camera?
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

7. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    I mean its becoming obvious that he's not going to be in this season, but that seems so jarring to in season 6 be like "hey remember this guy from season 4? HES BACK!"
    Yeah. I don't really care much about Bran but even then I don't agree with removing him for the season. I mean, he can still have visions. They should have shuffled Arya off for a year instead and had Bran give us some flashbacks & future sight stuff. Arya's storyline is okay but most of it doesn't translate to screen (see all of her scenes this season except hiding Needle and then the Hall of Faces). His training could be implied during a few scenes between flashbacks or whatever. Then:

- He could have spoken to Theon at the Godswood (which is one of those scenes they cut that was heartbreaking not to see).
    - Warged into Hodor, a fan favorite, and done some stuff.
    - Warged into Summer and directly built his skills with animals on screen, since I'm going to throw a guess out there and say that's probably incredibly important with regard to Drogon/Rhaegal/Viserion.
    - He could have given us the Tower of Joy right before For the Watch, whatever its screen incarnation is. If you haven't read the books, don't Google the italic part.

Not that he can't do any of those things in season 6 but it just seems like more pertinent stuff based on the other story lines. Arya's stuff is there why? So we can see Tom Wlaschiha again? So they can throw a quick "previously on" up to recap Meryn Trant's bad deeds before she runs into him in Braavos?

Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Are they gonna recast him? Serious question. Dude looked like he was going through a growth spurt last year and is probably 6'2" now. The idea that he is supposed to be playing some cripple kid is mildly ridiculous.
    Isaac and Kristian didn't explain in their interviews about it, just that they were benched for season 5. You can't recast Hodor since he's so iconic. I guess you could recast Bran. Depending on budget, they could use makeup & camera angles. I don't know… Meh.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post
    For the book folks, casting calls for season 6 have started. They apparently leave the names off now.

1) Pirate. Man in his 40’s to late 50’s. He’s “an infamous pirate who has terrorized seas all around the world. Cunning, ruthless, with a touch of madness.” He’s a dangerous-looking man. A very good part this season. Gotta be Euron.

2) Father. Aged 50’s to 60’s, he’s one of the greatest soldiers in Westeros- a humorless martinet, severe and intimidating. He demands martial discipline in the field and in his home. It’s described as “a very good part” for next year and that he’s “centrally involved” in a protagonist’s storyline. Randyll Tarly. They named dropped him multiple times this season.

3) Priest. In his 40’s or 50’s. A gruff ex-soldier who found religion. Now a no-nonsense rural priest who ministers to the poor of the countryside. He’s salt-of-the-earth man who has weathered many battles. Probably a combination of Meribald & Elder Brother. If so, that means Quiet Isle and SANDOR GRAVEDIGGER.

4) Fierce Warrior. A tall man in 30’s or 40’s with a powerful physique. They’re looking for someone with “mixed ethnicity” for the role. Khal Jhaqo for sure.

They are also looking for three young boys and it's suspected a flashback but tough to say. One does kind of match with 7 year-old Ned.
    My money is on the Pirate, Father and Priest being the Greyjoy uncles. The pirate is very obviously Euron, the priest is definitely Aaron Damphair, and I'm gonna say the father is Victarion. Even though they've name dropped Randyll Tarly a few times this season, I really don't see why they'd build him up as an important plot device. Victarion's arc is way more important than Tarly's and he is DEFINITELY centrally involved in a protagonists storyline. Other than being Sam's dad, Tarly isn't even a marginal character in my eyes.

As far as Bran goes, they'll probably have the same actor and just cgi the shit out of him once he becomes ent Bran.

9. I can't imagine why they wouldn't just film Bran's stuff for Season 6 along with Season 4, it's not like they're interacting with a lot of other characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

10. Quote Originally Posted by Jed View Post
    My money is on the Pirate, Father and Priest being the Greyjoy uncles. The pirate is very obviously Euron, the priest is definitely Aaron Damphair, and I'm gonna say the father is Victarion. Even though they've name dropped Randyll Tarly a few times this season, I really don't see why they'd build him up as an important plot device. Victarion's arc is way more important than Tarly's and he is DEFINITELY centrally involved in a protagonists storyline. Other than being Sam's dad, Tarly isn't even a marginal character in my eyes.
    Interesting. Do you think they'd obscure the person's "role" and description as subterfuge? I only ask because the "father" description is like 100% Tarly. I feel with the Oldtown filming location secured, along with the Randyll and Citadel drops this season (and Aemon departing), that Sam will be returning "home." I agree that Randyll is marginal, but it could be that they are forging into Sam book 6. However, I guess the character could work as Vic, though a lot of his stuff got assigned to Daario so it would probably be new/book 6 stuff as well.

As for the priest, it could be Damphair. I just want to get some Quiet Isle/Gravedigger stuff on screen in a futile attempt to GET HYPE. Heh.

Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    I can't imagine why they wouldn't just film Bran's stuff for Season 6 along with Season 4, it's not like they're interacting with a lot of other characters.
    Seriously. That would be great if they did do that, and then them not being in season 5 isn't technically a lie.