Page 131 of 184 FirstFirst ... 117127129130131132133135145 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 1837

Thread: Game of Thrones

1. Unless you are Varys

look here, upon a sig graveyard.

2. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    My money is on Cersei being gone by end of next season. Either Arya or Jamie would do it, my money is on Arya.
    If you'll recall the prophecy given to Cersei by that hot witch at the beginning of season 5, the show actually left a part of it out but my money is on them still including its result. The removed line is:

"And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you."

Valonqar is High Valyrian for "little brother" which is supposed to be why she disliked Tyrion so much. However:

Cersei was born in 266 AC as the first-born child and only daughter to Ser Tywin Lannister, heir to Casterly Rock, and his wife, Lady Joanna. Cersei was born shortly before her twin brother Jaime, who was holding her foot.
    Jaime killed Aerys for threatening to do the very thing Cersei did.

Quote Originally Posted by sedition View Post
    Unfortunately they aren't full seasons and they are estimating about 13 hours left.
    Yeah, David and Dan said about 70-73 hours total across the series so that leaves 10-13 episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    Well... I hope we don't have to wait until 4/2018 to wrap it up then.
    Probably. If 13 ends up being the case, maybe they'll do 8 in season 7 and 7 in season 8. Hopefully it won't be 10 for season 7 and 3-5 for season 8. But then, if season 8 is going to be about wrapup maybe 3-5 episodes works.

3. I'd rather them take their time than rush it for some apparently arbitrary number. Like seriously how are you fitting Dany conquering Kings landing and the white walker shit in that?

It's going to all feel super crowded.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I'd rather them take their time than rush it for some apparently arbitrary number. Like seriously how are you fitting Dany conquering Kings landing and the white walker shit in that?

It's going to all feel super crowded.
    I don't think so. The point of having all of the storyline condensing is to remove the amount of screentime for the lesser elements: Greyjoys, most notably. It frees up the main pipeline for more Dany and Jon. Here's what I could see:

Season 7 has The North doing their thing to prep, solidifying under the Starks again even though Sansa's going to fall for Petyr and his wiles and pit her against Jon. Ultimately, the Vale will be left weak. It has Dany landing in Westeros. Jaime won't allow the Lannister troops to help Cersei and the true conflict will be between Dany, Ellaria, and Olenna after the fact. Arya will lead the BWB ala Stoneheart, with the Hound at her side. Bran will pass the Wall and the dark mark will either destroy it or allow the White Walkers past its magic.

Season 8 will be Dany realizing the White Walker threat as they ravage the North and grow. Her and Jon will learn of their shared heritage. Jon will be distraught and probably sacrifice himself for Dany to be AA. She'll finish them off at the cost of herself and the dragons. No more CotF, no more White Walkers, no more great houses to cause huge conflicts (or, at least, diminished power). The genuinely grey characters will be left to pick things up - Sam & Gilly, Brienne, Gendry, etc.

Nice and bittersweet.

5. Jon versus Dany at the end. True game of thrones fashion, both are "good" characters but are forced for whatever reason to face off as the final blurry line. Danyversus Cersei is boring, Tyrion Danyand Theon versus Jon Arya and Sansa is much more interesting.
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

6. Apparently there are Tyrell and Martell ships in the Daenerys fleet scene. So Varys didn't teleport, she picked him up - they've already crossed the Narrow Sea, rendezvoused with their allies, and are heading up the coast to King's Landing (presumably, though I suppose there's a chance they'll go kick Euron's ass first).

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

7. Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    Jon versus Dany at the end. True game of thrones fashion, both are "good" characters but are forced for whatever reason to face off as the final blurry line. Danyversus Cersei is boring, Tyrion Danyand Theon versus Jon Arya and Sansa is much more interesting.
    It won't be that, though. Jon is too smart to fight Dany while she has Dragons. You're listing (Arya aside) all of the rational characters left. They'll form an alliance, as Dany already has with the Greyjoys.
    Dany will take KL, Starks rule the north, GJs the Iron Isles and everybody does a big Marvel Team Up against the zambies.

8. Jon fighting Dany would make sense if he wanted to rule everything. I don't think he does. He just keeps getting pushed into leadership roles. I think an alliance that would leave the north like it was under previous rule would suffice. Dany can be queen of all, the Starks are the wardens of the north.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    Jon versus Dany at the end. True game of thrones fashion, both are "good" characters but are forced for whatever reason to face off as the final blurry line. Danyversus Cersei is boring, Tyrion Danyand Theon versus Jon Arya and Sansa is much more interesting.
    This, of course, ignores the White Walkers entirely. I think Jon conquest the north, Dany captures King's Landing, and then both are forced to unite to destroy the WW.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    It won't be that, though. Jon is too smart to fight Dany while she has Dragons. You're listing (Arya aside) all of the rational characters left. They'll form an alliance, as Dany already has with the Greyjoys.
    Dany will take KL, Starks rule the north, GJs the Iron Isles and everybody does a big Marvel Team Up against the zambies.
    I don't disagree, but any sentence that starts with "Jon is too smart to..." gets a raised eyebrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids