Page 134 of 184 FirstFirst ... 120130132133134135136138148 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 1837

Thread: Game of Thrones

1. Quote Originally Posted by FuryFox View Post
    As a related aside, and disappointingly, the producers themselves have said that the whitewalkers will probably have no dialogue and no real development. They're just meant to represent a malevolent force of 'death' (despite that fact the show has never portrayed them this way), that humanity has to deal with. While I'm totally fine with that sort of abstract adversary (e.g. The Nothing of Neverending Story), it hasn't been utilized that way here, and I think it robs one of the central plot points most its interest.

Now the whitewalkers are just a poorly implemented counter-measure by some grody forest nymphs.
    I'm oddly okay with the Westeros Cane Toads in the show.

If the true GRRM background for them runs the same, though, that would definitely disappoint me - though I can't imagine that anything could be worse than AFFC.

2. He's stated that not everything will play out in a "happily ever after..." fashion. I would presume Daenary's will probably bite it at some point. The subtext of the series I read is the dangers of ambition and even though she's mostly a kind and level-headed ruler her ambition is still that of conquering and rule. This series isn't kind to those types of people. Not a single one has come out unscathed aside from maayyybe Lord Baelish.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

3. I hope Arya kills LF after she finds out he started the whole thing.

4. From the start it's been Varys and Littlefinger trying to one-up each other. At the end of the sixth season we stand with:

Targaryens: Varys
    Starks: Littlefinger

Both have declared their allegiances openly enough. Clearly they are going to work to get them fighting.

One person has the potential to bridge that gap.

5. I don't see how Littlefinger would turn the Stark's and Targaryen's in to warring factions. That would be fun to watch. GRRM has a shit ton of fiction in this world. I have to believe Game of Thrones won't be the last show set in this universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

6. I thought for awhile that all the human fighting will end up weakening everyone south of the wall to the point where when the White Walkers break through, they'll steam roll everyone left. Maybe Daen will make it out with nothing but a dragon left. Sam and Gilly will be left at the library.

7. So how come Bran is like 23 now but Gilly's fucking baby has only aged about 5 months?

8. Premie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

9. Quote Originally Posted by Compass View Post
    I agree it's good news for the first season. Like the guy in the quote says, though, it's highly doubtful HBO will keep it around for the full seven seasons, even if it does become popular (not likely imo). They'll either start condensing the shit out of everything, or just cut it short.

Still, I'll gladly take just one season based on the first book.
    I quoted this just because I was reading through the first page to see why I didn't make the original post.

Anyway, it's rumored (pretty much confirmed) that UFC's Conor McGregor was cast as a soldier on Euron Greyjoy's ship Silence.

Hopefully it's a non-speaking role and they stand him on a box.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

10. Quote Originally Posted by sedition View Post
    Anyway, it's rumored (pretty much confirmed) that UFC's Conor McGregor was cast as a soldier on Euron Greyjoy's ship Silence.

Hopefully it's a non-speaking role and they stand him on a box.
    Ewww. Gross.

His ugly fucking mug would be perfect for Dagmer Cleftjaw, but I think that character has already been in the show.