Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your DvD haul for this month(anydvds except game)

1. Well, I found it pretty weird, but with some creepy parts. There are alot of very strange things happen in the film, and many on screen images that you notice and they surprise you. The dvd quality was not bad, and subs were ok too, except they kept calling it Vortex , instead of the Spiral. I will post my impressions about it soon.

Evil Dead (DTS/ES)

and I am working on Berserk: Box of War

3. Tokyo Drifter

Rashomon
    Chasing Amy
    Walkabout

All Criterion editions. Nothing but the best.

4. Very nice. Long live Criterion! BTW how's 8 1/2? The Best Buy near me has a shitload of Chasing Amy Criterion editions for $15. I should pick that up soon. Oh and I got Brother today. Interesting. Not the best Beat movie but still interesting. A lot of shit was left wide open but what was there was alright. Oh and again if anyone wants a Criterion edition of anything (well almost anything) I can probably find it. Oh and did anyone get the Criterion edition of Traffic? Looks very nice. One more thing...Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy on DVD. GET IT! Hah. It's so bad but it is faithful to the story (though it leaves a lot out and never gets to a lot of stuff). It's not a bad purchase but remember it was an old BBC television mini-series so the picture isn't the best but you can see everything fine. If you never read HGG...dumbass READ IT NOW!!!...get the dvd and get ready for a great adventure with arthur dent and the gang and remember...DON'T PANIC! Best advice I heard all day.

Hey slartibartfast () get in here!

Later all...

Hitchhikers's Guide on DVD eh? I really liked the series, but the first book I couldn't find the first book after a few weeks, so I just started on the second.

I haven't gotten much DVD-wise this month; only the Holy Grail. As I often am with movies I buy, I'm real anal about when I watch it, because I'd hate for $30 to be wasted on a less than pleasant experience.

6. Originally posted by 2D4EVER
    Very nice. Long live Criterion! BTW how's 8 1/2?
    I dig 8½. Its interesting because a director that couldn't think of an idea for a film made a film about a director that couldn't think of an idea for a film. Its a 2-disc set, so you get your money's worth. The first scene of the film, a dream, is incredible. sadly its the best part of the film.