Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Last Unicorn

1. The Last Unicorn

January 17, 2007 - On February 6, 2007, Lionsgate will release The Last Unicorn (25th Anniversary Edition) on DVD. The classic animated tale's double dip will feature tons of bonus materials and extra features. It will be available for the MSRP (Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price) of $19.98.

The Last Unicorn (25th Anniversary Edition) DVD will feature the following bonus materials:

"The Tail of The Last Unicorn" featurette, including an interview with author Peter S. Beagle

"Escape the Red Bull" set-top game

"Schmendrick's Magical Gallery"

Original Theatrical Trailer

link

I vaguely remember being in complete love with this movie when I was like four and making my parents rent it every other week, but we never bought it so I have really no memory of the film itself. I look forward to rediscovering it... and hope it doesn't end up like revisiting the Highlander TV show (how the hell did I like that shit in high school? And I wasn't even high!)

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

2. I recall this being a really good movie, but I haven't seen it in years.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

3. It's a very cute film with an interesting story. Plus, Christopher Lee voices the bad guy before Christopher Lee was such a big name. I think a young Jeff Bridges voices his son, too. There's a pretty strange part where a tree with boobs assaults Schmendrick, too.

I watched it for the first time like a year or so ago and it wasn't bad at all. Elaine will be looking forward to this; she loves it, along with "Flight of the Dragons."

EDIT: The special features seem cool, too. I hope they restore the picture a bit.
    Last edited by Calliander; 18 Jan 2007 at 11:04 AM.

I don't know if it will live up to when I saw it in theatres when I was 7 years old but this movie had a big impact on me so I want to see it again.

5. I caught this on cable a few days ago, and good lord, has it aged poorly.
    That said, I'll more than likely pick this up. The firey bull at the end gave me nightmares as a kid.

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010

6. Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post
    Plus, Christopher Lee voices the bad guy before Christopher Lee was such a big name.
    You do know Christopher Lee was a major actor in the fifties/sixties right?

7. Yeah, the guy was fucking Dracula.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

8. I know for a while they were trying to do a live action version of this movie with Christopher Lee reprising his role. Looks like they are still trying but god it's a crappy website to be adverting your idea with http://www.the-last-unicorn.net/

I watch the movie a couple of year ago when it first came to dvd. I think it holds up well over time. It's not the same as when you are a child but I think it's still a quality movie and not like a lot of crap that came out in the 80's.

I hope this time the picture quality is better, the one I saw they made no effort to improve the picture quality.

Yeah, I still like this movie. I'll buy this.
    I took all your French Toast.

10. I love this movie. I bought it a few years ago on dvd and loved it as much as i did when i was young.
    Donk