Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 5262646566

Thread: Dexter

1. It might be due to the dialogue. It's super jarring the first time you have to deal with it. It makes me think about a group of minds all connected though one computer, all knowing what each other person is thinking, and all fighting to have a vocalized conversation... It's just way too fast paced and dramatic versus reality. I know a few people that mentioned they liked the first season better.... weird.

Anyway if you like beady-eyed women with lots of gesticulation and yelling in normal interactions, this show is for you.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

2. It's not just that (the conversations play out like if everybody got the chance to re-do them a day later), but the smugness of the whole thing. The world would be great if everybody agreed with Sorkin, basically. It's awful. Note that I am fairly close ideologically to the man.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Sunk costs imo.
    Bingo. It's why I watched. That and there are truly moments the show flashes it's season 1, 2 and 4 caliber. Some of the episodes with Colin Hanks were kind of... good too. The kills were inventive as well. They REALLY stopped exploring the dark themes of Dexter and started focusing on the quirky adventures of him and the gang. Nobody wanted that.

I set aside 3 hours on Sunday morning to watch TV and veg out. So I can put up with some only-OK shows in the summer.

The finalé was shit. They didn't answer any questions and no one was morally held accountable for their actions over any of the series. This finale COMPLETELY spotlighted how much the Dexter writers misunderstood why their audience engaged with the show in the first place. But that's been the MO all along, anyway.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 25 Sep 2013 at 10:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."