Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2007 Oscar Nominations

1. Quote Originally Posted by Mr-K View Post
    You honestly think Rally's is better than 5 Guys? Really? 5 Guys is fucking horrible in that it's like eating a handful of lard but Jesus Christ is it delicious. Rally's is like super sub par in the fast food burger pyramid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint of Killers View Post
    5 Guys definitely has the best cheeseburger.

Checkers isn't in the same league.
    I guess I ate there on a bad day. I'll give it another shot.

Quote Originally Posted by station82o View Post
    Easy bro, they already filled their appease the black people quota with the double wins denzel and halle berry a few years ago.
    Sorry, but its kinda a jip where the Golden Globe winner for The Best Pic isn't even nominated for The Best Pic in the Acadamy.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Advocate View Post
    Sorry, but its kinda a jip where the Golden Globe winner for The Best Pic isn't even nominated for The Best Pic in the Acadamy.
    No it's not. Golden Globes are a joke and Dreamgirls sucked.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Advocate View Post
    Checkers/Rally's imo.
    You're a retard. Checkers is nothing more than cheap bullshit fast food. It's good for what it is, but says nothing for actual quality.

on topic, Babel should win. And please stop comparing it to Crash when 21 Grams & Amores Perros exist.

4. I just haven't seen Babel, and I mistrust it. I will probably see it sometime soon and will give legitimate impressions of it when that comes. BUT UNTIL THEN. It's the new Crash.

5. I'm going to have to go with The Departed for best picture. Little Miss Sunshine and the Queen were good, but they weren't great. I hope Djimon Hounsou (blood diamond) wins best supporting actor, that guy brought his A game.

I'm upset that V for Vendetta and the Fountain were snubbed. I would be happy if they were nominated for technical awards, the Fountain definetly should have gotten a nomination in best special effects.

6. i would've thought that flags of our fathers and letters from iwo jima would be considered as one whole complete work, since they're the flip sides of the same coin essentially, but eastwood was nominated for best director based on letters as well as best picture - was it really that much better than flags of our fathers? probably have to be eh? anyone seen it yet?
    Commentaries and Opinions on Metal