Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prince of Tennis

1. Prince of Tennis

Well since i finally got a DVD player that reads Divx i started watching through this again, ( I started off again around ep 51).

Its definitely one of the better sports anime out there, all the characters are really fleshed out and the action (read: Tennis) sequences are just as good. Although i don't even like real tennis but i did start watching some real tennis after getting into this, i'm pretty sure most of the stuff they do is impossible so its not an ultra realistic take on tennis but its definitely enjoyable everyone should check out the first ep atleast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Shake
    Look, Yes. I have banged hundreds of broads...internationally. But know this, I wrap my rascal 2 times. 'Cause I like it to be joyless and without sensation, as a way of punishing super-models.

2. I was in a book store and noticed the manga was something like 16 volumes long. A fucking tennis comic. wtf.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

3. It happens.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    I was in a book store and noticed the manga was something like 16 volumes long. A fucking tennis comic. wtf.

This is something like 36 volumes out so far in Japan.

I'm not to big on this series, personally though.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    I was in a book store and noticed the manga was something like 16 volumes long. A fucking tennis comic. wtf.
    Sports manga are usually the longest. Major (baseball) is already at 61 volumes and Hajime no Ippo (Fighting Spirit in America) already has SEVENTY-NINE volumes! And both are still running! Good animes though. No way in hell am I trying to keep up with the mangas.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Mikhal View Post
    Sports manga are usually the longest. Major (baseball) is already at 61 volumes and Hajime no Ippo (Fighting Spirit in America) already has SEVENTY-NINE volumes! And both are still running! Good animes though. No way in hell am I trying to keep up with the mangas.
    Yeah, but there are longer series's.

Golgo 13 is well past 100 issues and still going.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    I'm telling you man watch the first ep and you'll like it.

Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Yeah, but there are longer series's.

Golgo 13 is well past 100 issues and still going.
    Damn
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Shake
    Look, Yes. I have banged hundreds of broads...internationally. But know this, I wrap my rascal 2 times. 'Cause I like it to be joyless and without sensation, as a way of punishing super-models.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Mikhal View Post
    Hajime no Ippo (Fighting Spirit in America) already has SEVENTY-NINE volumes!
    Great goobley!

Quote Originally Posted by Genki View Post
    I'm telling you man watch the first ep and you'll like it.
    I do like tennis...maybe I'll give it a try.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

9. Hajime no Ippo is the greatest Anime of all time (okay, one of the greatest). Because of this, I've always wondered how other sports manga/animes measured up. There's just something awesome about translating sports to an over-exaggerated anime setting.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    Dude... there are manga about fucking businessmen that run longer than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids