Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 'We Screwed Up' Halo 2, says Bungie

1. News 'We Screwed Up' Halo 2, says Bungie

Halo 2 was and is a great game, but it's certainly not perfect. Now developer Bungie is acknowledging that certain aspects of the game (most notably its ending) needed a lot more work. One employee even went so far as to say that Bungie "screwed up" on Halo 2.

More...
    (Link to GameDaily.com)

2. I'm sure they'll just use it as an excuse for Halo 2 EXTREME on the 360 a few months ahead of Halo 3

3. It'd have been nice if they were so forthcoming about how badly they fucked up Halo 2 back in 2004.

4. I agree that they botched how the ending was handled, but it never struck me as a bad place to end the game. The thing had a complete story arc, covering the start of a rebellion within the covenant ranks and ending when the arbiter cleared all that shit up. The problem is that the game's pacing didn't really indicate that things were about to end, but the plot itself was fine, with the creation and resolution of a major conflict and setting everything up for the third game. Master Chief didn't get to do much of note, however, but it wasn't really his game for the single player campaign.

5. See? Even Bungie admits I was right.
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

6. "It's astounding to me. I f***ing cannot play Halo 2 multiplayer. I cannot do it." -- Chris Butcher, Bungie

7. *high fives*
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

8. I just wish the Mutliplayer had more variety in playable characters instead of just the Spartans or Covenant.

Also they screwed with the Banshee controls for some reason. I hate that you can't hover anymore.

9. Quote Originally Posted by MarkRyan View Post
    "It's astounding to me. I f***ing cannot play Halo 2 multiplayer. I cannot do it." -- Chris Butcher, Bungie
    I blame Opaque.