Page 25 of 691 FirstFirst ... 112123242526272939 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Listening to? Part 2

1. C'Mon feel the noize!
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

2. if i knew what his statment ment maybe i could. imaybe he didnt know that job for a cowboy is a metal band or that you can find maiden cds in the used rack for $2. maybe ill get shit faced and his post mite make cents.

3. It means that hating 'Maiden while championing something like JFAC should be grounds for punishment by euthanasia.

4. whys that? maiden wasnt even good in high school. and jfac will gain alot of fans by years end. and they dont sound like they have a dick in there asses. im not saying there the best band out there just the best cd and act ive seen in the last 2 months

5. The problem is that JFAC's current sound is a microcosm of pretty much everything that's wrong with modern death metal:

speed/technicality is pushed to the max simply for the sake of it, vocals are horribly generic and almost entirely monotone, production style is as dry and sterile as a rubber examination glove, songs seem slapped together in an entirely random fashion with little direction or purpose, and most importantly, any sense of creativity/artistic vision is completely absent.

6. as far as death metal goes its good. most is fast for the sake of being fast. ii can still bang my head to it and your girlfreind at the same time with some rythem. there not the best but at sounds of the undergrounf they were beter that most. every time i die was beter but they dont play the same music so cant really be compaird.

7. Arguing about Maiden...hilarious. Post what you're listening to or gtfo.

Devo - Hardcore Devo Vol. 1: '74-'77

Defari - Street Music (again)

JBNagis

9. Quote Originally Posted by Punky Skunk View Post
    Time has been best to them. Soundgarden is only good for singles, Nirvana is good for one album, Pearl Jam is good for nothing.
    Well I am a big Pearl Jam fan, but I'm not going to touch that because you can either love or hate them - but what you said about Soundgarden shows how little you know about music - but then again I guess the Avril Lavrigne avatar says that already
    Quote Originally Posted by remnant
    I live in the fastlane bitches.
    Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    Thats how we roll, ride or die bitch.

10. Punky Skunk his human garbage. Why would you expect his taste in music to be anything but?
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."