Page 33 of 691 FirstFirst ... 192931323334353747 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Listening to? Part 2

1. Melvins are really a live band. If you were to see them in concert you'd have an entirely different opinion on em' I'd imagine. I'm not such a huge fan of most of their records, but Stoner Witch, the Lustmord collaboration, and Melvins with Jello Biafra is great stuff.

I've been listening to Neil Young's Dead Man soundtrack.
    Boo, Hiss.

I was listening to End of the Century today.

The Ramones really went downhill in the 80's. But where the fuck do you go but down from an album like Rocket to Russia?

3. WHO THE FUCK IS TALKING SHIT ON THE MELVINS?

4. Jesus, that's god-awful.

5. what you want something more groovin'?

what a band.

(ps. Pacrappa, pick up Houdini, it's the essential melvins album, bullhead is a bit harder to swallow)

6. Why does his hair look like Sideshow Mel's?

Quote Originally Posted by Grave View Post
    I found some cassettes of music from old Disney attractions. Enchanted Tiki Room. Yes.
    The new tiki room blows. They added in Iago and Zazu and some crazy goddess bitch.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

8. Quote Originally Posted by FirstBlood View Post
    (ps. Pacrappa, pick up Houdini, it's the essential melvins album, bullhead is a bit harder to swallow)
    I've been big on Sleep and Electric Wizard and Om since day one so I definitely dig heavy guitars. I don't know how I was able to totally sidestep the Melvins for more than 15 years but that's what happened. I'll keep trying because the way people usually talk about this band is so gushy and mushy.

Bullhorn or whatever sucks. It's already on the discard pile. I'll see if I can get Houdini next. Hopefully it won't be all retarded and goofy. I'm not looking for a humor act. I've got Weird Al's complete catalog and a full set of the Jerky Boys too.

9. Have you heard Karp? That's like Melvins with less stupid. I've been pretty bored by the three Melvins albums I've heard, but I keep going back because of the praise.

This album:

10. I received the new Teenage Bottlerocket album, "Warning Device", today. I've only listened to it twice so far, but it definitely lives up to the hype I built up for myself

All the songs on this album are very solid, and there isn't a song that sticks out above the rest. "Bloodbath at Burger King" kinda stuck out like a sore thumb on the last record, which was both a plus and a minus, so its good to hear a more balanced album this time.

Also, it seems like TBR sped up the tempo a bit this time. "Total" was very mid-tempo Ramonescore, and "Warning Device" reminds me more of an older (and slightly speedier) Lillingtons album.