Page 661 of 691 FirstFirst ... 647657659660661662663665675 ... LastLast
Results 6,601 to 6,610 of 6903

Thread: What Are You Listening to? Part 2

1. That El Guincho song made me look for other Mexican indie music

Last edited by arjue; 20 Oct 2017 at 08:54 PM.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    If these assholes rolled into my subway car like that after a long day of work I would go nuts.
    On the platform is ok, in the car blows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

4. Manabu Namiki- Megalomaniac (Battle Garegga, stg. 6)

5. I’ve become infatuated with Creature Comfort by Arcade Fire.

6. I've been trying to find more early emo and screamo bands that I like. I've found a few. pg. 99, I Hate Myself, Circle Takes the Square, Saves the Day, Get Up Kids, etc. I grew up in the early 2000s when the scene changed, so I've been trying to find the roots I guess. I ran into a newer band called The Pregnancy Pact. They're pretty good but if emo's not anyone's thing I get that

Try early Brand New and Taking Back Sunday if you haven't already. Also Thursday. If you want to take it in a different direction try Sunny Day Real Estate and Superchunk.

Saves the Day is the business. Good call. Through Being Cool is still listened to weekly over here.

If you let me know what you're into I can try to dig deeper and find you some less mainstream stuff if that'd be appealing.

8. Emo is one of the worst musical genre descriptors because it constantly changed as time went on.

Early emo to me was At the Drive-In, Sunny Day Real Estate, Knapsack... stuff like that.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

Emo started in the 1980's, died fast, got mis-genred DID YOU JUST ASSUME MY GENRE, SHITLORD? around the time of the 2nd Weezer album, and it's been a shit-show ever since.

There are only, what, three emo bands really? Rites of Spring, Embrace, and maybe One Last Wish. When someone says "emo" you can usually guess what they mean, especially if they list a band or two.

The take away from this is you should all go buy the Rites of Spring LP. It's still in print over at Dischord, and it's SO GOOD.