Page 669 of 691 FirstFirst ... 655665667668669670671673683 ... LastLast
Results 6,681 to 6,690 of 6903

Thread: What Are You Listening to? Part 2

1. Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    Have you heard the cavern?
    Yep, love it. That was my introduction to them.

I'm kind of surprised McDonalds hasn't brought back ole moon man. It was meme worthy before webmemes

I found someone on youtube that has dumped a lot of rare versions of the JEM ost. Mastertapes, commercial tracks, Spanish tracks, DAT tracks, etc.

(Fuck, that ending high note)

4. Quote Originally Posted by Headphone Actor View Post
    Been listening to some Norwegian stuff, mainly Mayhem.
    I recently saw a documentary about this band and all the crazy murder/suicide shit. Can't stand the music, but the history is fascinating.
    Last edited by Glitch; 22 Dec 2017 at 04:54 AM.

5. wtf, I had no idea Bad Religion put out a prog album in 1983!

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    I found someone on youtube that has dumped a lot of rare versions of the JEM ost. Mastertapes, commercial tracks, Spanish tracks, DAT tracks, etc.
    It'd be nice if there were links, to avoid the Youtube audio compression, but it's cool that this stuff even exists.

Quote Originally Posted by that guy
    This are remasters from a digital audio tape (DAT) of Jem songs that was made in 1992 from a set of masters that was then unfortunately used to record something else as the tape used is expensive.
    So they kept the reels until 92, did a digital output, then recorded over the masters? What a world...
    Last edited by Josh; 22 Dec 2017 at 04:10 PM.

Same thing with the damn moon landing.

I'm almost afraid to look up what these old media types really cost. I have a feeling its a lot less than the sales of new cds or itunes downloads would bring them. Fucking suits.

Like seriously, how much more could the material used for the master cost compared to the price of those DAT tapes in 92?
    Last edited by Fe 26; 22 Dec 2017 at 04:50 PM.

A 1/4 reel is about $100 I think? That’s if you get the good stuff,and that’s right now.

I paid $280 for a 1” reel in 1996, and maybe $20 for the DAT tape for the 2 track master? Im not sure about that DAT price tbh.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
    I recently saw a documentary about this band and all the crazy murder/suicide shit. Can't stand the music, but the history is fascinating.
    I love both a whole lot, it’s really interesting to see how serious the bands were about the scene.

What was the documentary called? I’ve read a lot of the history, but I always love me a good documentary.