Page 523 of 691 FirstFirst ... 509519521522523524525527537 ... LastLast
Results 5,221 to 5,230 of 6903

Thread: What Are You Listening to? Part 2

1. Thou and The Body recently released an insanely heavy record together earlier this year, and its pretty great:

2. I've been meaning to listen to that. I heard a bunch of stuff by The Body over the space of a couple years that I didn't like. Then I heard a thing that I liked SO MUCH. Then I finally went and saw them and wow did I ever not like it. One of the biggest disappointments of 2014 actually. I really do want to hear this though even though I don't much care for Thou.

3. ooooweee, that stuff is not my bag.

4. I'm not really a fan of either band either. The Body have 4 or 5 tracks that I really dig, and i don't listen to Thou at all. More than anything I'm a fan of how this album sounds, the wall of guitars is just brutal as shit. I think I like stuff like this more as a reaction to how terrible pop music is now, it's almost like a refreshing palette cleanser to listen to such uncommercial music.

There is very good pop music out there! Masked Intruder is a fine example.

6. Sorry, I meant pop as in popular music.

One never knows.

Topical: I saw a Earth Wind and Fire cover band at work tonight. They fucking slayed, and I don't even like Earth Wind and Fire. I appreciate professionalism, and these dudes were on point.

8. I don't like earth wind and fire but I really like disco.
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

Broke out the first FEAR record for the first time in, like, 20 years. I am at odds with how much I like this band, because Lee is a raging right wing misogynistic homophobe.

Anyway, here's the best musical performance in the history of Saturday Night Live.

It's great to be here in New Jersey.

They were supposed to play one song, and the audience wasn't supposed to be a bunch of D.C. punkers that showed up with the explicit purpose of trashing the studio and fucking up random NY punks. Listen for Ian Mackaye yelling "New York sucks" at 4:20.
    Last edited by Josh; 02 Mar 2015 at 10:17 PM.

10. You know who's really good?

Heart.
    Boo, Hiss.