Page 662 of 691 FirstFirst ... 648658660661662663664666676 ... LastLast
Results 6,611 to 6,620 of 6903

Thread: What Are You Listening to? Part 2

1. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    The take away from this is you should all go buy the Rites of Spring LP. It's still in print over at Dischord, and it's SO GOOD.
    I've given them a listen, I like the band. I listen to Sunny Day Real Estate. I've been compiling all of the bands I like on Spotify. Hoping discover weekly gets me good stuff. I haven't heard Superchunk. Another thing for me to try out.

I'm always looking for new music in all sorts of genres. My favorite genres are industrial, prog metal, punk, rock, ska, and some other stuff. Since all of that is rather broad I'll throw some of my favorite bands into a list: The Birthday Massacre, Filth, G.G. Allin and the Murder Junkies, Silverstein, Dir En Grey, Lit, Distorted Memory, Bayside, Maximum the Hormone, Fugazi, Muramasa (Japanese ska band I really like), Misfits (liked em the most when danzig was still a member.. michale graves isn't bad though) and Scary Kids Scaring Kids.

If you like Fugazi you should try Embrace and then Minor Threat.

3. Majority Rule - Interviews With David Frost is the medicine you need.
    Boo, Hiss.

Quote Originally Posted by Headphone Actor View Post
    punk
    If you don't mind putting a pop in front of that check out my old band with forum member Type Ryan.

If you don't mind mostly covers recorded on a cassette machine check out my other old band with forum member Type Ryan.
    Last edited by Josh; 24 Oct 2017 at 08:01 PM.

5. Youtube has been trying to get me to listen to Tove Lo for a few years. I really like this one.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

6. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    If you don't mind putting a pop in front of that check out my old band with forum member Type Ryan.

If you don't mind mostly covers recorded on a cassette machine check out my other old band with forum member Type Ryan.
    :0 I really liked both of those projects Josh. I don't mind covers or pop punk at all, cause at the end of the day it's just about playing and listening to what you like. Thanks for sharing. And feel free to share more like that as well.

I always like hearing new music, so I'm really glad that ya'll suggested so many good songs. I hope I can do the same xD

There is a Deckards LP coming out one of these days, allegedly. I'll bump the thread when appropriate.

I've given them a listen, I like the band. I listen to Sunny Day Real Estate. I've been compiling all of the bands I like on Spotify. Hoping discover weekly gets me good stuff. I haven't heard Superchunk. Another thing for me to try out.

I'm always looking for new music in all sorts of genres. My favorite genres are industrial, prog metal, punk, rock, ska, and some other stuff. Since all of that is rather broad I'll throw some of my favorite bands into a list: The Birthday Massacre, Filth, G.G. Allin and the Murder Junkies, Silverstein, Dir En Grey, Lit, Distorted Memory, Bayside, Maximum the Hormone, Fugazi, Muramasa (Japanese ska band I really like), Misfits (liked em the most when danzig was still a member.. michale graves isn't bad though) and Scary Kids Scaring Kids.
    I can easily recommend about 30 ska bands.

The Planet Smashers
    The Slackers
    The Pietasters
    The Toasters
    The Specials
    The Aquabats
    Catch-22
    Streetlight Manifesto
    Big D and the Kids Table
    Mad Caddies
    Mustard Plug
    RX Bandits (Prog Ska)
    The Fad (more punk than ska)
    The Arrogant Sons of Bitches
    We Are the Union
    Westbound Train
    Lee Scratch Perry
    The Skatalites
    The Pioneers
    Bomb! The Music Industry
    Mephiskapheles
    Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra
    Capdown
    Potshot
    Bim Skala Bim
    The Blue Meanies
    Skaladdin
    The Hippos
    Madness
    The Selecter

You said you like Prog AND Ska...start with the RX Bandits
    Last edited by Cowutopia; 25 Oct 2017 at 06:00 PM.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

Also nobody mentioned Something to Write Home About by The Get Up Kids.

Well, I guess Headphone Actor did.
    Last edited by Cowutopia; 25 Oct 2017 at 06:01 PM.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

I just assumed that when he said
    Get Up Kids
    he meant Something to Write Home About. It's a perfect album.