Page 663 of 691 FirstFirst ... 649659661662663664665667677 ... LastLast
Results 6,621 to 6,630 of 6903

Thread: What Are You Listening to? Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by Headphone Actor View Post
    I've been trying to find more early emo and screamo bands that I like. I've found a few. pg. 99, I Hate Myself, Circle Takes the Square, Saves the Day, Get Up Kids, etc. I grew up in the early 2000s when the scene changed, so I've been trying to find the roots I guess. I ran into a newer band called The Pregnancy Pact. They're pretty good but if emo's not anyone's thing I get that
    Just go through the entire Dischord catalog. The post punk stuff is as good as the screamo stuff. Check out Faraquet.

I"m also a huge Q and not U fan but a lot of that is because their live shows were so intense. They don't play anymore.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    If these assholes rolled into my subway car like that after a long day of work I would go nuts.
    My favourite part is how it’s like 8-10 minutes long. Any crash-the-subway performance I’ve seen is like 1-2.

If you rewatch the video you can tell they have a security detail (black guys in identical hoodies) waiting on both sides of the subway they’re playing in.

I’ve also started disliking the trumpet player a little bit. He adds a nice higher register to the group but dude is only ever at 9 or 10.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 27 Oct 2017 at 01:32 PM.

I used to play trumpet. You can't really play quietly without a mute.

I've not watched the video, btw.

4. Skin trumpet.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

5. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I used to play trumpet. You can't really play quietly without a mute.

I've not watched the video, btw.
    Fair. I think it's more the constant walking of notes that grates on the whole. I realize they're going for a kind of hammer-on punk-brass thing so they probably just likes the sound since going slower would probably sound more jazzy or swing-y (and fair enough, it's their band). But trumpet within in a chorus can be okay. Same saxophonist diff band:

I like the 3 piece on the subway better than this but the breakdown near the end is dope af.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

6. Listening to Jim Croce while I work. Lol, like everybody stole from this guy.

I cannot stop listening to this damned song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKKkotOlg4I

So good.
    I took all your French Toast.

news gorillaz track is pretty much a poor man's streets of rage track

9. Get faded
    Tags dont work for this for some reason

https://youtu.be/SAJuJGRlPl4
    Last edited by Uriel; 05 Nov 2017 at 03:43 PM.
    2 GET GUD @ OVERWATCH + SWIGGITYSIX#1322