Page 681 of 691 FirstFirst ... 667677679680681682683685 ... LastLast
Results 6,801 to 6,810 of 6903

Thread: What Are You Listening to? Part 2

1. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    On the internet, nothing is sacred.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    old
    Hey, you were right! Donald stole it. —> https://soundcloud.com/jaseharley/am...by-jase-harley
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

2. I like it more.
    Music in the same genre always sounds the same. I'm convinced all reggaeton is the same song.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

Triplet triplet triplet
    Triplet triplet triplet
    Triplet triplet triplet triplet triplet triplet triplet
    Triplet triplet triplet

4. Listened to Thin Lizzy all day today. They didn’t really solidify their sound until record #5, but Fighting, Jailbreak, and Johnny the Fox are all stellar.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

5. Caroline Rose is pretty much my favorite "new" artist this year. I put "new" in quotes because she released a couple country records years ago, before disappearing for ~4 years and re-emerging with a new band, new persona, and new musical style. So this isn't the first record for her as a human, but very much the start of a new thing.

Musically, it's a fun summer pop record that pulls in shades of The Cramps, The B-52s, and Justin Timberlake, but the lyrics really make it stand out from other pop records. There's not one dopey love song or break up song on the record, and a lot of it is this sort of Randy Newman-ish sardonic satire, or John Prine-ish storytelling. Her writing is smart, witty, and direct in a way that's pretty unusual in contemporary pop.

This will kick your ass.

7. I showed you them a few years ago. You said they had some sketchy shit associated with them.

There’s a second album. It’s good, but not as good as that one.
    Boo, Hiss.

Thanks for that, btw. They do have some sketchy shit associated, but man that EP...

9. It’s a VERY good ep.
    Boo, Hiss.

Any other Shouty Lady Bands out there you can recommend? I feel like it's underrepresented outside of the Shouting Anarchist genre.