Page 657 of 691 FirstFirst ... 643653655656657658659661671 ... LastLast
Results 6,561 to 6,570 of 6903

Thread: What Are You Listening to? Part 2

1. First 3 QOTSA albums are fantastic, but the rest is really hit or miss.

2. It does. My immediate impression is that I liked the last album a lot more but there's plenty to dig here. The new Guitar World has one of the new songs tabbed btw.

5. I saw them Sunday night before Jawbreaker.
    To boldly go where lots of men have gone before...

6. How were they?
    Even when I was a youngin' and all about the rock and roll (eff rap! they don't even play instruments!) I was infatuated with Public Enemy, or rather with Chuck D's voice. Such a powerful tone.

Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    It does. My immediate impression is that I liked the last album a lot more but there's plenty to dig here. The new Guitar World has one of the new songs tabbed btw.
    It grows on me more and more. I'm hearing a lot of bowie in it, oddly enough.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    How were they?
    Even when I was a youngin' and all about the rock and roll (eff rap! they don't even play instruments!) I was infatuated with Public Enemy, or rather with Chuck D's voice. Such a powerful tone.
    Kind of a mixed bag? The rule of thumb seemed to be the more Chuck D and DJ Lord were on a song and the less Tom Morello was, the better it was. But for most of the set, B. Real was doing Zack parts, with Chuck D acting as a glorified hype man, and there were key points (Killing in the Name Of) where he just lacked the punch.

To me, Morello is just too jammy and sloppy on guitar. I saw RATM back in the day and was really disappointed, and I realize now he was the common thread. If you liked Rage live back in the day (and I realize I'm in the minority who didnt) you'll probably like this better.