Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Katsucon

1. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee View Post
    HAY, Brand, it sounds like you know well of the Katsu. Apparently, my group is staying at a hotel that's RIGHT ACROSS THE PARK from the main hotel, but it's not on the site. Any idea why that might be?
    Could be a couple of things, one is the Omni Shoreham is pretty expensive. We stayed four to a room with one bed and it was like 150 each, I know a lot of con goers want to pay less then a 100 per person.

The second thing could be if they tried to get a room to late they might have not be able to get one there, the place was packed last year. We were originally supposed to have a 2 bed room, but we got stuck with the one bed room, so no one had extra blankets because we thought we were going to have beds to sleep in (I lucked out and got the bed because our roommates were out most of the night). But it ment we needed extra blankets and pillows so, around 5ish Friday we call to get some and they are out of extra blankets and pillows. The room had one extra pillow and blanket, and we gave the comforter off of the top of the bed to the other person. But that should give you a hint that the place was pretty packed.

Honestly, I don't know how I would feel about staying in a different hotel half the fun to me was visiting other people in their rooms, and considering how F&^$ing cold it is out side I wouldn't want to freaking walk out of the hotel.

Other exciting notes of things I remember:
    The hotel has food but it's expensive, if I remember right it was 3 bucks for a bottle of Arizona ice tea. There is a restaurant and a McDonald's like a block away though. Though the McDonald's was almost as packed at the Burger King at Otakon and also was in the basement of a CVS, it was kind of strange.

The D.C. metro is awesome, far better then the Philly Septa system of public transit. And if I remember right and you are taking the metro from a train or bus station you want to get off at the Woodley Park/Zoo. The hotel is a couple of blocks from it.

I also went to the Smithsonian by myself (because I got a train way to late coming back last year), and that was easy to get to with the Metro. I suggest it if you have some free time, and don't mind freezing your butt off a bit, to go check it out.

2. Okay, we've got the Marriot Wardman Park. Anything negative about that?

Also, anyone else going to this? Minor TNL meetup?

3. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee View Post
    Okay, we've got the Marriot Wardman Park. Anything negative about that?

Also, anyone else going to this? Minor TNL meetup?
    I don't know I tried to avoid going outside, because it was so freaking cold. The only time I went out while at the con was to the McDonalds.

Well I'm going to try an make it to the DS pictionary, because that just sounds like silly fun, and otherwise I never really use and of the connectivity options with my DS. I'm the girl with the poodle hair and a brown headband.

4. Ok that whole thing was really trippy.

This is what a google search told me. you noob.

However, I'm betting that if this girl in question likes anime shes probably much fatter than this one.

6. Pretty much, but I have short hair.