Page 15 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Wii Thread: Part 5

1. By my view, Super Paper Mario is more Mario proper than Galaxy. Nothing against the 3D adventures (I didn't mind Sunshine despite it's not being as good as Mario 64) but Paper Mario looks to be more like what I want from the series.

James

2. New Super Mario Bros., people!

I like it.

3. New Super Mario with no saves. Need no save Mario games again. Get back to me soon, thx. -finchie
    Donk

4. Quote Originally Posted by PBMax View Post
    Manhunt 2 for Wii.

The original was an underrated gem.

The Wii sequel is being developed by Rockstar Toronto -- a different team than the PS2 and PSP versions.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/761/761795p1.html
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/s...ad.php?t=45560
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

5. Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    By my view, Super Paper Mario is more Mario proper than Galaxy.
    Well, of course a 2D Mario will always be more kosher. Super Paper Mario would be more than enough to hold me over 'till Galaxy (assuming it's released in the fall).

Anyways, on further reflection if the DS is factored in, we're certainly not lacking for new Mario action games and spin offs. In the last year we've gotten NSMB, SPP and YI 2 which is a pretty good run.
    Last edited by 1CCOSA; 07 Feb 2007 at 04:29 AM.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    Seems like Sonic for the Wii is getting some positive previews http://www.sonicstadium.org/articles/116/

Yoshi may be happy.
    Somebody who runs a Sonic fan site likes a Sonic game? No fucking way.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Saint of Killers View Post
    Somebody who runs a Sonic fan site likes a Sonic game? No fucking way.
    In all fairness, the site panned Sonic 360, so it's not completely out of touch with reality.

8. Quote Originally Posted by portnoyd View Post
    In all fairness, the site panned Sonic 360, so it's not completely out of touch with reality.
    And yet Dave Halverson said Sonic 360 was awesome. The mind boggles.
    R.I.P. Paragon Studios

9. Quote Originally Posted by RoleTroll View Post
    So much for the theory that gamers will realize there's no games for the Wii and stop buying it. It's actually picking up steam on the back of games like Far Cry Vengeance.
    Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Japanese gamers are idiots.
    QFMFT.

This to me, says more about the incredibly crappy tastes of Japanese gamers than it does about the potential of the Wii.. I mean, if you're going to buy it, buy Zelda (didn't they used to get their tentacles all hard for Link before?). But fucking Far Cry? Jesus.

10. So it appears that Wii is getting Guitar Hero:

http://www.thetanooki.com/2007/02/08...es-to-the-wii/

That’s right, during Activision’s conference call on Wednesday, CEO Mike Griffith stated that Guitar Hero will be making it’s way to the Wii:

The key difference in our strategy versus the prior cycle, is that in addition to full support on Sony and Microsoft platforms, we will aggressively target the Nintendo platforms consistent with our multi-platform strategy and Nintendo’s expected growth. In fiscal 2008, we will double our offerings on the DS and the Wii, including Spider-Man, Shrek, Transformers, and Guitar Hero.

No other details were given during the 60+ minute conference call. Since the announcement was given by the President of Activision, I think the chances are high for an official press release in the future. If you wish to hear the announcement for yourself, check out the conference call below and skip ahead to around the 28-minute mark.
    I wonder if they could offer downloadable songs like the 360 version through the Wii Store or something. A wireless guitar would give this the edge over the 360 version if so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    K3V is awesome!