Page 1 of 101 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Wii Thread: Part 5

1. Super Famicom Official Wii Thread: Part 5

New thread.

I'll save some of you some time, just copy & paste!

LOL, no games.

These graphics suck.

Who cares about weather and news?

Mario Galaxy looks like the most exciting creative work ever conceived by the mind of man.

You are a graphics whore if you care about graphics.

Nintendo is going after a different market, they're not aiming it at you!

I don't care, I still think it's fun.

Nintendo sucks now.

^^ One of those probably apply to you!
    -Kyo

2. They really need to fix the prices of these VC games, I just bought 6 NES,SNES,and N64 games for $13.
    "Remember, not knowing how to cook is like not knowing how to fuck."
    Geek in the Desert

3. Closing threads and opening new ones solves problems.

4. Quote Originally Posted by MarkRyan View Post
    Closing threads and opening new ones solves problems.
    Hey, it wasn't my idea.

BTW, why doesn this system not have a game about nunchuks yet?
    -Kyo

5. Since I took time writing my last response, I'm bringing it here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams
    Aside from the controller, what does it do that's arguably better?
    Obviously the controller is the only notable strength the Wii has that the other consoles can't match (not that Wii Remote is better or worse than standard controllers--it's just different in a way you can't find elsewhere). It's really up to creative development to show off the strengths of gaming on Wii. Just like most games on DS don't do shit with the uniqueness of the sytem, most games on Wii will be shovelware crap. Honestly, same for all systems everywhere.

With DS, it's mostly Nintendo that uses the system to its fullest. Whether you like the games or not, stuff like Electroplankton, Brain Age, Nintendogs, Kirby Canvas Curse, Elite Beat Agents, and Meteos are among the best uses of the DS hardware. Of those, only Meteos and Elite Beat are not Nintendo-developed, though they are Nintendo published (and probably funded by Nintendo).

I expect Wii will be mostly the same. Though it is nice to see a lot of high profile developers outside of Nintendo expressing interest in the hardware. Hopefully the bigger budgets usually associated with console titles (versus handhelds) means these guys will get the go ahead from publishers to do what they want. Unfortunately, we haven't seen many games yet come from this interest.

6. We open a new thread... only to have it invalidated by Strider because every new post will fall into those headings.

Well played sir.

7. Quote Originally Posted by MarkRyan View Post
    With DS, it's mostly Nintendo that uses the system to its fullest. Whether you like the games or not, stuff like Electroplankton, Brain Age, Nintendogs, Kirby Canvas Curse, Elite Beat Agents, and Meteos are among the best uses of the DS hardware. Of those, only Meteos and Elite Beat are not Nintendo-developed, though they are Nintendo published (and probably funded by Nintendo).
    I disagree with this to an extent, because Nintendo is also guilty of making games with half-assed touch screen and wii-mote controls for the DS and Wii. The main quest on New Super Mario Bros. does almost nothing to implement the touch screen controls, and both Super Princess Peach and Mario Kart make poor use of the touch screen as well.

Then, if you look at the Wii, I think most of the 3rd party developers made better use of the Wii-mote than Nintendo did. They put some half-assed sword swings into Zelda at the last minute, and Excite Truck is quite possibly the most horrible controlling game on the system IMO. Meanwhile, games like Elebits, Trauma Center, Red Steel (yes, this game is good), and Rayman (these are the only games I have played for the Wii) arguably make better use of the Wii-mote. I even think Rayman is a much better game than the new Wario-ware

8. I traded in some games at FYE today and picked up Excite Truck. Seems fun so far, definitely my kind of racer. The tilt control is taking a bit of getting used to but I've gotten through all the tutorials and the first set of races.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    K3V is awesome!

9. Quote Originally Posted by K3V View Post
    I traded in some games at FYE today and picked up Excite Truck. Seems fun so far, definitely my kind of racer. The tilt control is taking a bit of getting used to but I've gotten through all the tutorials and the first set of races.
    Yeah...see...honestly, I played Excite Truck for quite a few hours and I could never get used to the controls. I tried holding the controller two different ways, and neither way ever felt comfortable or worked properly for me. Also, LOL at Nintendo for having some crappy 3rd party game come packaged with a Steering Wheel attachment. It seems like they should have packed it in with their own game if they wanted to sell more copies.

10. When I played ET in a store demo I was trying to turn the Wii remote like a steering wheel. Needless to say you don't control the game like that and I did horribly. You actually have to hold the controller NES-style and tilt it back and forth. Once I did the tutorials, I've found that the game actually controls really well, it just takes a bit of getting used to because it's something new.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    K3V is awesome!