Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: One Piece

1. Nah I've been waiting for them to wrap up the arc before I watch it.

Patrick (Perkyskirt) showed me the first episode of this and I really liked it. HMMM maybe I'll watch more. I just hate committing myself to a series with 4958986905849708690786958958968976989 episodes.
    I took all your French Toast.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    I just hate committing myself to a series with 4958986905849708690786958958968976989 episodes.
    I have a rule of not watching anime shows until they're over so that I can be sure it'll end, have an idea that it's worth watching, and get a list from someone of how much crap I can skip so I'm not watching the 30 hours of filler crap that has nothing to do with anything and is pure bullshit. I also don't like doing that with manga, which is why I stopped reading this series years ago. Hopefully it actually ends at some reasonable point, I recall the ones I read being pretty decent.

Yeah, I wish a lot of series had more reasonable episode counts. I really cannot stomach most over 26 eps. Especially when they don't properly end.

Though there's exception like Kodocha (well, most of it), Utena, Akazukin Cha Cha, and a few others that I <3 mainly for their cheese/fun factor (Samurai Pizza Cats, Bumpety Boo, etc etc).

As much as I love Ranma, it went on a good 4 seasons too long.
    I took all your French Toast.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    Patrick (Perkyskirt) showed me the first episode of this and I really liked it. HMMM maybe I'll watch more. I just hate committing myself to a series with 4958986905849708690786958958968976989 episodes.
    There's a good chunk thats skippable. If you're stil interested it's a really good series.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    Yeah, I wish a lot of series had more reasonable episode counts. I really cannot stomach most over 26 eps. Especially when they don't properly end.
    IT's true but atleast when it comes to One Piece it's still going as stront as it was the first season. IMHO it's the only shonen manga I've seen to keep going this strong after so long.
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Shake
    Look, Yes. I have banged hundreds of broads...internationally. But know this, I wrap my rascal 2 times. 'Cause I like it to be joyless and without sensation, as a way of punishing super-models.

6. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    I have a rule of not watching anime shows until they're over so that I can be sure it'll end, have an idea that it's worth watching, and get a list from someone of how much crap I can skip so I'm not watching the 30 hours of filler crap that has nothing to do with anything and is pure bullshit. I also don't like doing that with manga, which is why I stopped reading this series years ago. Hopefully it actually ends at some reasonable point, I recall the ones I read being pretty decent.

There is so much of One Piece out that you could start at the beginning and watch alot before you get caught up. And they'll be farther along then they are now. That's what I did, but I'd watch like 4 or 5 episodes a day so I'm waiting for more to get released...

7. Quote Originally Posted by Daitokuji View Post
    There is so much of One Piece out that you could start at the beginning and watch alot before you get caught up. And they'll be farther along then they are now.
    And still nowhere near the end, thus defeating the purpose as I once again stop reading it because we have no idea how long it will go on. Despite that I read a couple years worth when I first started I'd now have to start over because of how much I've forgotten by now, and by the time it ended I'd have to start over again because of all the stuff I'd have forgotten between catching up now and whenever that happened.

Wake me when it's over and we'll talk. Same goes for Berserk.

8. I don't have a problem with gorging on One Piece, but when it starts coming to scraping at untranslated raw manga chapters to get my fix that's when it's time to stop, take a year off, and gorge again. That's how I've been going with OP for a while now.

9. I've just been taking it very, very slowly. The graphic novels as Viz releases them at their incredibly glacial pace, and the anime when the people I watch it with are together. I'm willing to bet it will all finally wrap up and I'll still be 100 episodes behind. I'm actually enjoying binging on 4-5 episodes one week, then a three week gap before I see any more.

James

10. Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I've just been taking it very, very slowly. The graphic novels as Viz releases them at their incredibly glacial pace, and the anime when the people I watch it with are together. I'm willing to bet it will all finally wrap up and I'll still be 100 episodes behind. I'm actually enjoying binging on 4-5 episodes one week, then a three week gap before I see any more.

James
    Do you have any idea how much the Viz releases are edited? I can't find any information about it. I just finished volume 11 and it's getting so good!