Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: One Piece

1. Quote Originally Posted by not Anal Kaboom View Post
    That's pretty shitty. What arc are you on now?
    They're in the middle of fighting on the restaurant boat.

2. Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Kaizoku is the only way to go. High quality video, professional-looking subtitles, and I can only assume the translation is spot on. It's sad that people doing this for free have treated the material more professionally than those attempting to sell it.

James
    I honestly don't see what's so bad about the way Funi's doing it. $50 for 13 episodes is not that bad, considering the way anime is priced. It's a freaking steal if you know where to look. Also, prima donna, anime voice actors do not come cheap. Kaizoku's does do a good job, despite being somewhat prima donna themselves (RIGHT, MY NAKAMAS?). I have no idea what problem anybody could have with how Funimation is handling this, though.

Also, you guys do know that most of the time, the Japanese publisher has a lot of say in the pricing and release structure, right? I think Funi has enough power to get by this now, but it's quite the hurdle for most American publishers.

3. Unbunch those panties Chao, you know I don't have anything against Funimation really. It's just that Kaizoku has basically been nothing but magnanimous for years and years now. They do what they do for FREE, at their great expense (they buy the DVD's themselves and a team of a few guys do the subs) It's not just because we're filthy, poor pirates, but because OP is more than 300 episodes at this point, and they're just getting around to 26 here? Holy shit.

4. Dattebayo are the pretentious ones. If it wasn't for the good job they did with Bleach and Naruto I wouldn't bother with them. IMHO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Shake
    Look, Yes. I have banged hundreds of broads...internationally. But know this, I wrap my rascal 2 times. 'Cause I like it to be joyless and without sensation, as a way of punishing super-models.

5. My problem with Funimation is that I wanted subtitled, uncut One Piece years ago. It wasn't provided and I didn't think it ever would be so I looked elsewhere, and now if I want to buy legit copies I've got to go back over 100 episodes. I'm at about 140 now and they're on 13? No thanks.

I don't watch dubbed anime so I don't care about voice acting rates. Bandai's release of Gurren Lagann was a steal at $20 for 9 episodes, and if the lack of voice acting was what allowed that price then it's fine by me. $30 is a good deal, however, and I just might give in, although I'm not sure I'd ever take off the plastic.

James

6. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee View Post
    I $50 for 13 episodes is not that bad, considering the way anime is priced. It's a freaking steal if you know where to look.
    $50 my ass.

These things are each $35 BEFORE my discount. Not that it's a big discount or anything, we only save like 5 bucks on it. But still, that's like mad fucking cheap.

7. Hah. They were on sale when I posted that for $30.

Again, just gotta look and wait. I still stand by saying it's not absurd.

8. MY VAGINA IS SO RED WITH FURY AND RASH OVER THESE HIGH ANIMU PRICES!!
    Last edited by perkyskirt; 04 Oct 2008 at 04:40 AM.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    Patrick (Perkyskirt) showed me the first episode of this and I really liked it. HMMM maybe I'll watch more. I just hate committing myself to a series with 4958986905849708690786958958968976989 episodes.
    NO COMMIT JUST ENDLESS ADVENTURE!!

10. ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Shake
    Look, Yes. I have banged hundreds of broads...internationally. But know this, I wrap my rascal 2 times. 'Cause I like it to be joyless and without sensation, as a way of punishing super-models.