Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst ... 34567919 ... LastLast

Thread: Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles

1. Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    IAWTP. I don't care if it's Rondo or not. I'm not buying a $250 handheld that doesn't interest me just to play this. I'll stick with my Duo version.
    And for those of us who don't have a Duo and game (both of which are overpriced NEC products on eBay) this is clearly a good thing.

http://www.fvza.org/index.html

2. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    Watching that video again, I REALLY Dislike Richter's animation. It's annoyingly stiff, and what is with his jump he just pops up into the air, theres no bending at the knees getting ready to jump no showing of weight. His walk is really stiff as well
    The only way you could possibly complain about any of this is if you've never seen a Caslevania game before. Because every last Belmont game does the exact same things, including the game this is a remake of.

The last however many have featured main characters who run like they're late for their prom dress fitting.
    This is an improvement.
    -Kyo

3. Quote Originally Posted by Bojack View Post
    And for those of us who don't have a Duo and game (both of which are overpriced NEC products on eBay) this is clearly a good thing.
    I spent $200 on the Duo and $100 on the game; you spend $250 on the PSP and $40 on this release, so I guess it kind of pans out.

4. PSPs are at around $150 now and are a bit more sturdy than the Duo. I'm a bit tired of popping in Dracula X only to have the music suddenly stop when my Duo is deciding it's having a bad day.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Well, since I now have no choice but to buy another PSP, I hope this gets the full on $300+ bundle treatment in Japan. I want a coffin-style PSP case and a blood red PSP.
    You should go for the gold PSP you were eyein' up awhile back.

Castlevania sucks.

7. Wow. I fucking love Rondo of Blood and this fucker includes both the original 2D version and a port of SOTN on top of the remake?! I am ecstatic that I kept my PSP. And if I didn't currently have a PSP, this game would be reason enough for me to buy one.
    Last edited by Gooch; 01 Feb 2007 at 11:26 PM.

8. Quote Originally Posted by sethsez View Post
    You do know the thing isn't finished, right?
    They say that about a lot of games and some times these major things never get fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by StriderKyo View Post
    The only way you could possibly complain about any of this is if you've never seen a Caslevania game before. Because every last Belmont game does the exact same things, including the game this is a remake of.
    You can get away with certain things in 2D animation that you can't get away with in 3D animation, the jump being a major one.

The animation just really bothers me and it's something that stood out big time to me. Specially compared to something like New Super Mario Bros which is also 2.5D but still manages to stay very fluid. I just hope that they really improve the animation in this before it ships.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    IGA sucks.
    Fixed.

10. CLOMP CLOMP CLOMP! Hopefully they add a run button
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.