Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2737394041

Thread: Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles

1. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    Don't touch the SNES rev. The only use it has really is to sell on ebay for a decent amount of cash and buying something good.

At least, that's what I did.
    I've had a shrinkwrapped copy sitting on a shelf for 10 years, this thread has sealed it's fate.

To it's credit, some of the music tracks sounded better through the SNES processor. That's about it. *-neo

I'm a little bitter about the SNES Dracula X myself. My friend had talked me into getting SOTN a few months after it was released, and naturally I loved it. I really loved playing as Richter, and the local EB had a used copy of Dracula X for eons. So, if SOTN was this fun with Richter, then Dracula X should be too, right?

So I paid $39.99 for a used SNES game well into the 32 bit generation, and got it home. Now after having played so much SOTN, this was not what I was expecting. The game is garbage. The story has a silver lininig though, I sold it on ebay a few months ago for slightly higher than I paid, and I used that cash to buy a 360.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

3. I had a better time with the remake than I thought i would, but everything besides 5' is fairly easy once you get the patterns down. The original Rondo seems a lot more fun, though. Friggin' backflip and stiff-jumpy Richter in the remake makes me cry.

The SotN port was a lot of fun, though. The new translation ain't bad, either. Still, what's with all of the weird, background problems? It almost seems like some of them have these dot patterns over the solid colors. It looks almost like GIF dithering. That, and the odd rainbow-y looking stripes over some of them. Gross.
    Also, apparently Maria in SotN plays just like her new, Rondo counterpart instead of the Saturn version, eh? I was kinda looking forward to trying some of those Saturn-only additions, but I guess I never will. No extra areas, totally new Maria, but, hey, at least we got the two new, worthless familiars!

...but then we also lost the vocals in I am the Wind. That's just a travesty. Then again, we'll all be one some day...
    Last edited by ChaoofNee; 14 Jan 2008 at 10:41 AM.

The Drac X SNES rev is pretty rare at least.

Why the fuck did you bump a thread to make a post that isn't even true?

I stand by my statement.

If you're going to be wrong, do it consistently I guess. It's a Konami SNES game. There are 6-digit copies out there.

8. Actually, it's worth a decent amount of money for a Konami SNES game and usually sells for between $25-$40.

And that has what to do with rarity? Rare is 500 copies, not 100,000.

10. You're arguing semantics. You know what he meant.