Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Captain N comes to DVD

1. Quote Originally Posted by Xeno G View Post
    They shortened the episodes (I think it aired with one of the Mario cartoons)
    Super Mario World. IIRC, they also switched it up from time to time with Super Mario 3 (and the Koopa Kids!).

2. Say it with me now folks: "Dr. Wily does wear a clean lab coat!"

It was usually pretty stupid. The episode centered around Toei's Puss in Bots game was kinda cool though and I liked it when Kevin got sent to the negative/Metroid zone, whatever it was called. One thing I find really funny is.... (from wikipedia):

Mother Brain's voice in the Captain N: The Game Master cartoon was provided by Levi Stubbs of Motown act The Four Tops, who also played the voice of Audrey II in the 1986 version of Little Shop of Horrors. Like Audrey II, Captain N's Mother Brain had a fiesty and flamboyant personality.
    Always wondered who did her voice and now it's even more amusing. haha

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee View Post
    The Nintendo Comic System one was better. They took out MegaMan and added a Samus that looked and acted very accurate.

Also, hot.
    Yeah, the old Valiant comics rocked and were much better than the DiC shows! I remember in one of the Captain N stories, Princess Lana was giving Samus a hard time over the fact she was a bounty hunter and just being really irritating and catty with her. Samus eventually got fed up, went into morph ball mode and slammed her across the room!

I sold all my old Valiant Nintendo paper issues 14 years ago when me and my brother were saving money for our TG-16. I did get the hardback SMB comic collection though. Funniest SMB comic story: "The Stoopid Bomb." Anyone remember that one?
    Last edited by 1CCOSA; 15 Feb 2007 at 01:01 AM.

3. It's out olo