Thread: Does standing a 360 vertically cause more scratching/disc read errors?

1. Does standing a 360 vertically cause more scratching/disc read errors?

I've heard conflicting opinions on this and haven't found any conclusive evidence, anyone have any idea? It'd save some space in my entertainment center to stand my 360 vertically but I did have problems with my first 360 when it was vertical; my current 360 has always been horizontal and never given me trouble. That could just be because the first 360 was faulty, I don't know.

2. Not to be a dick, but don't we have an official X360 thread for these types of questions? I'm under the impression that this part of TNL is only for computer hardware.

3. Working at a gamestop, I've had lots of people ask this question a lot. I don't think there's really any evidence yes or no, but most of the systems that are turned in busted, I ask them how they place it. Most of the time, it's vertical. Plus, your disks are more likely to be damaged by sliding out of the tray, even with the extra plastic on the tray. Sounds stupid, but yeah, I've seen it.

I'd keep it horozontal if possible. Once again, no evidence here, but just what I've seen and heard.

4. We've had the same 360 at the store I work at since launch. It's played every single day for a minimum of 5 hours a day (games & movies) and it's been vertical the entire time. It still works perfectly.

The only way your discs are going to get scratched is if you bump the system while it's spinning the disc.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

5. Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I'm under the impression that this part of TNL is only for computer hardware.
    Quote Originally Posted by TNL View Post
    The Circuit Board: Discussion centering on computers, home theater systems, the inner-workings of video game consoles, and the like.

6. Oh okay, nvm then.

7. Vertical causes more overheating, in my experience. The whole side it stands on when vertical is vented.

8. I just checked and you're right; the side it stands on is where the air intake seems to be. That's awful design.

9. mines been vertical since november 2005 with no probs. my new tv stand will have it placed horizontal though