Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Power of the Dark Crystal

1. Quote Originally Posted by avatar View Post
    I heard that Gennedy Tartasky(Guy behind Samurai Jack) is behind this so I can't wait.

Though I have no idea what the fuck Dark Crystal is. Was the original movie good, or is it running on nostalgia ala neverending story?
    It's good if you're 10. But it's a kid's movie, so if you watch it as an adult for the first time you won't get it.

2. Quote Originally Posted by LordPerrin View Post
    Fuck you. Falcor4life.
    Truth. With luck.

And this news is fucking awesome, day one and all that.

3. Quote Originally Posted by avatar View Post
    I heard that Gennedy Tartasky(Guy behind Samurai Jack) is behind this so I can't wait.

Though I have no idea what the fuck Dark Crystal is. Was the original movie good, or is it running on nostalgia ala neverending story?
    The Neverending Story is still fucking awesome. I always liked Labyrinth more than The Dark Crystal.

4. Bowie ftw.

5. Quote Originally Posted by animegirl View Post
    I always liked Labyrinth more than The Dark Crystal.
    IAWTP.

Labyrinth needs a sequel now.

And bring Jennifer Connelly back, and make sure she gets naked at some point.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Hubbitron View Post
    Bowie ftw.
    QFTAE

7. Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater View Post
    some of the puppets look cheesier than I remember
    Like the ones on the stilts. They looked pretty stupid to me as a kid, and I shudder to think of how bad they'd look to me now.

That said, I need to rent the original soon. I haven't seen it in ages, but I loved it as a kid. I especially dug the giant hermit crab things.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

8. Quote Originally Posted by LordPerrin View Post
    Fuck you. Falcor4life.
    ill go with that. loved n.e.s. 1 and 2, never watch the horrid number 3, we are talking uwe boll level bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Compass
    Squall's a dick.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    Like the ones on the stilts. They looked pretty stupid to me as a kid, and I shudder to think of how bad they'd look to me now.

They are pretty bad, i watched it for the first time last year. overall i still really liked the movie, even though the effects were cheesy, im afraid if he went lucas on it with a ton of cg it would have looked much worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Compass
    Squall's a dick.

10. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    IAWTP.

Labyrinth needs a sequel now.

And bring Jennifer Connelly back, and make sure she gets naked at some point.
    ASS TO ASS