Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Power of the Dark Crystal

1. Daybreakers directors sign on to, well, direct.
    I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.

2. No more Genndy Tartakovsky makes me sad. It had been a while, so I kind of figured if the movie ever got made there would be a personnel change, but still.

Also- even though I was close enough to the right age at the time, Neverending Story sucked. It just felt cheesy and cheap in too many places, and wasn't half as good as the book. The tacked-on ending was particularly retarded. I think it was the first movie of its type that I was really critical of.

James
    Last edited by James; 06 May 2010 at 03:31 AM.

3. Neverending Story is nostalgic, has an awesome theme song, and compared to its sequels it's amazing, but it is not the great movie people make it out to be.

4. It really does have a great theme song. But yeah, it's no Dark Crystal or Labyrinth.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

5. Neverending Story sucked. Daybreakers was okay. Anticipation for Dark Crystal sequel now -5.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

6. I sweat to god I thought I was the only person in the world who didn't like the movie version of Neverending Story.

James

7. Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I sweat to god
    Oh really?

bbobb
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

8. The um... god of hellfire and brimstone?

\m/

James

9. Hollywood will never understand the brilliant things Jim Henson did. The Dark Crystal bombed hardcore because nobody got it. If they intend to make it as good as the original it will have to lose money.

Muppets = win.
    CGI = fail.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids