Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: The Power of the Dark Crystal

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbitron View Post
    Hollywood will never understand the brilliant things Jim Henson did. The Dark Crystal bombed hardcore because nobody got it. If they intend to make it as good as the original it will have to lose money.

Muppets = win.
    CGI = fail.
    to paraphrase John Badham, if you can physically have something there, have it there. It always makes the movie better.

most of the movies we watched as kids would have been shit with CG

Can you imagine how bad Robocop would have been if Robocop was CG?

2. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Can you imagine how bad Robocop would have been if Robocop was CG?
    No, I trust in Paul Verhoeven.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Hubbitron View Post
    Hollywood will never understand the brilliant things Jim Henson did. The Dark Crystal bombed hardcore because nobody got it. If they intend to make it as good as the original it will have to lose money.

Muppets = win.
    CGI = fail.
    Hopefully they'll make it more edgy, because this really needs it. Man, every time I go back and watch Fraggle Rock, Smurfs, Snorks, and the first Dark Crystal, I think to myself, "this could be totally gnarly if only it were edgier." Like, if they added an urban inspired Gelfling, and one who had problems at home, oh, and don't forget the smart one that's always inventing things that don't work right or blow up or something, whose father doesn't understand him. All of that would make this one a winner.

You shut your dirty fucking mouth

5. Dark Crystal the Directors Cut. Infused with workprint scenes and original dialogue. I'll watch this when I get home.

I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.

6. OMG CUM

7. Fuck yes. Fuck all of the yes.

8. Interesting. However, it should be said that this isn't REALLY a "Director's Cut." It was made by some dude who grabbed all the workprint footage floating around the net, did some research, and assembled it based on that. That said, it still sounds really cool.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

This movie fucked me up in ways I can't quite explain when I was younger. I don't think I can ever watch it again.

10. Same. The Skeksis and Landstriders were pure nightmare fuel when I was a kid. Everything about the visual design is a bit off, really (which I appreciate the hell out of as an adult).