Page 1 of 6 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: The Power of the Dark Crystal

1. The Power of the Dark Crystal

Who knew they'd make a sequel to The Dark Crystal? I loved the film as a kid, and it's still pretty good to this day.

Here's some pics and the plot:

I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.

2. cant wait, original is one of my all time favorites

looks like they are doing this in the same type of atmosphere as mirrormask. i just hope they dont overdo the cg and stick with animatronics

3. ::gets hit by a trout in the side of the face::

This came out of left field. Wow.

I actually can't wait.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

4. Its about time. This should be awesome.

5. I heard that Gennedy Tartasky(Guy behind Samurai Jack) is behind this so I can't wait.

Though I have no idea what the fuck Dark Crystal is. Was the original movie good, or is it running on nostalgia ala neverending story?

6. I totally loved The Dark Crystal and have it on DVD. This should be great stuff and the actors who voiced Kira and Jen are back for the sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by avatar View Post
    I heard that Gennedy Tartasky(Guy behind Samurai Jack) is behind this so I can't wait.

Though I have no idea what the fuck Dark Crystal is. Was the original movie good, or is it running on nostalgia ala neverending story?
    Watching it again over a couple decades later, I think it's still good. The plot is kind of weak, and some of the puppets look cheesier than I remember but it's worth seeing simply because its world is fascinating.

8. I guess Thurma's asking for a shard of the crystal brings back the Mystics and Skeksis, who merged at the end of the first film.

I will definitely be seeing this. The first one rocked.

9. Think I'm going to eat you? Hmmm?

10. Quote Originally Posted by avatar View Post
    running on nostalgia ala neverending story?
    Fuck you. Falcor4life.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids