Thread: what happened to jason X, Blade 2?

1. what happened to jason X, Blade 2?

I've had this problem before with some films not staying in theaters long or else it has to do with select areas for where they're playing. Remember Dark City? I remember my place having it for 2 days, then I was like "WHAT THE HELL!" Now I've had the chance to see blade 2 when I went on my monthly trip to the city and happened to be there at the right time, same with Final Fantasy. Now I did want to see if Jason X was playing, but there were no show-time listings and nothing on the time-frame would've fit around my daily work-routine, so I ended up missing it completely. Is it just me, or does it seem like most theaters are so worried about profit to the point that they'll only play the movies that they -think- will sell to an audience? If this is becoming the case, I'll bet that direct to DVD will become more common in a few years.
    don't wanna tangle with you, I'd rather tangle with him.
    I think I'm gonna bash his head in...

2. Well, Jason X was released few weeks before the start fo BIG SUMMER movie season, so many theaters kept it for a couple weeks, but as attendace dropped, and big films like Spiderman and SW came out, it was droped in favor of extra screens for those big films. As for it coming to DVD, it will be relatively soon, I seen sometime in September.

3. In my region,cinemas are so small that they can't afford SW eps2 because of George Lucas 70% policy on the ticket .So since they won't make profit on the movie,they won't show it.

Re: what happened to jason X, Blade 2?

Originally posted by unit003
    I've had this problem before with some films not staying in theaters long or else it has to do with select areas for where they're playing. Remember Dark City? I remember my place having it for 2 days, then I was like "WHAT THE HELL!" Now I've had the chance to see blade 2 when I went on my monthly trip to the city and happened to be there at the right time, same with Final Fantasy. Now I did want to see if Jason X was playing, but there were no show-time listings and nothing on the time-frame would've fit around my daily work-routine, so I ended up missing it completely. Is it just me, or does it seem like most theaters are so worried about profit to the point that they'll only play the movies that they -think- will sell to an audience? If this is becoming the case, I'll bet that direct to DVD will become more common in a few years.
    Well you didn't miss much with Jason X medicore at best and a better rental. Since I am in a big city and the theatres are plentiful I don't have that problem cept I do see Horror Movies opening weekend sine they usually don't stick around as long. Also they have the second run dollar theatres if you miss it the first time around.

Korian

5. I think it was after part 3 that the series was starting to get cheesy. Seems that with every horror-film franchise they milk, they take out the element that makes them stand out as a slasher flick and turns them into some mindless slaughter-fest with a really predictable (and weak as hell) script, just so they can rake in the dough from the first week it plays. Do you remember the impression that the first nightmare on elmstreet movie had? Real scary stuff, but Wes really thought he could turn Freddy into a comedian as the sequels rolled along. (which was sad, very very sad)
    don't wanna tangle with you, I'd rather tangle with him.
    I think I'm gonna bash his head in...