53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Akumajou Dracula X: Chi no Rondo

33 62.26%
  • Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master

20 37.74%
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 791011

Thread: Action-Platformer Battle 1993

1. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Yeah, great work following the directions on his part.

What a fucking moron.

He still voted for the right game.

2. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Yeah, great work following the directions on his part.

What a fucking moron.
    I voted for Pat Buchanan

3. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    I voted for Pat Buchanan
    So the last 6 years are all your fault.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

4. No I voted for him for best action platformer of 1993.

5. Well that's acceptable.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

6. Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater View Post
    I'm mostly surprised that we have that many people here that have played both games. It's cool to see. I was expecting closer poll results, though.
    With emulation being what it is, there's really no excuse for not having playing Drac X. Assuming you can run Windows or have a PSP that can play homebrew stuff, and I'd assume that even modded Xboxes can do it. I didn't play either game until high school, and yeah, Dracula X was a lot more "exotic" and exciting when it had to be played on a Duo, but I still think it's a great game. I agree that it's on the easy side, and I think that if CV3 had its graphics and control, it'd blow it out of the water in every way.

Shinobi 3 never had that sort of buildup for me, and honestly, I probably would have never owned the cart if I didn't get it as a gift. I did enjoy the hell out of the game, but I think it just got buried in a pile of Genesis titles I was catching up on at the time. I think I'll give both a spin again tonight, and though I don't think I'll reconsider my vote, you never know.

7. I just never cared for the levels in Shinobi 3 aside from the Neo Zeed remix level. The theme in Revenge, obviously inspired by a variety of 80s action hero/MA movies, was at least novel and interesting. And all but the last level in Shinobi 3 was very, very easy.. even on 'hard' difficulty. Revenge on the other hand was a worthy challenge when I first played it. If Joe was anywhere near as fast as he was in Shinobi 3, Revenge would probably be my favorite Super Shinobi game.

Dracula X has varied enemy AI/patterns, branching paths, and an aesthetic advantage over the majority of action-platformers out there. Choosing this over Shinobi 3 wasn't a hard decision at all.
    Last edited by Taito; 18 Feb 2007 at 10:40 PM.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Taito View Post
    I just never cared for the levels in Shinobi 3 aside from the Neo Zeed remix level. The theme in Revenge, obviously inspired by a variety of 80s action hero/MA movies, was at least novel and interesting. And all but the last level in Shinobi 3 was very, very easy.. even on 'hard' difficulty. Revenge on the other hand was a worthy challenge when I first played it. If Joe was anywhere near as fast as he was in Shinobi 3, Revenge would probably be my favorite Super Shinobi game.

Dracula X has varied enemy AI/patterns, branching paths, and an aesthetic advantage over the majority of action-platformers out there. Choosing this over Shinobi 3 wasn't a hard decision at all.
    Welcome to Akumajo Densetsu...much more of a game than Dracula X is.
    Become History
    Awesome stuff I'm selling | Backloggery | Tumblr
    2013 Completion (2): PC (1), 360 (1)

9. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    The original Genesis Revenge of Shinobi had Batman in it, but it was removed pretty quickly.
    Precisely. I got that shit Dracula X is still better but Revenge of Shinobi is on its ass followed by Shinobi III.