Page 11 of 103 FirstFirst ... 79101112131525 ... LastLast

Thread: Photographers? Official

1. Quote Originally Posted by B-Ri View Post
    Just got the thumbs up from the TA. All these shots are part of a photo notebook due for my Language Of Film class. None of these pictures are representative of the color on the Masters though, because picasa and everywhere else sucks.
    LOL, i just realized i forgot to link the damn album

http://picasaweb.google.com/briangmoreno/PhotoNotebook
    b_ri on Twitch, Games Beaten in 2020 (3): Pokemon Sword (Sw), Detroit: Becoming Human (PS4), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4),

I miss photo assignments.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I miss photo assignments.
    josh you acctually have useful things to say in this field.

critique what ive posted damn it! Maybe then ill give you the antidote to the TNL-virus you got.
    b_ri on Twitch, Games Beaten in 2020 (3): Pokemon Sword (Sw), Detroit: Becoming Human (PS4), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4),

Sure thing...

As a rule I would pay very close attention to the framing in your shots. Also your backgrounds. Its really easy to forget about your backgrounds, but they are VERY important to your overall shot. "Compositional Relations: Unbalanced Composition" is a perfect example of this. See if you can guess what about the background of this one drives me crazy, and what about it I think works really well.

"Frame Division: Diagonal Division Into Halves" is really close to being an awesome shot. I would have put the bottom edge of the board EXACTLY in the two corners, dividing the picture EXACTLY in half and not chopped off that poor girl's forehead. Actually, I think you should go back and reshoot the exact same picture, except for "art" and not for class. Same outfit. No necklace, same earrings. Maybe have her pose follow the angle of the board a little bit more. Or at least her eyes. Burn up a few shots here, and try a few different things.

And keep shooting.

Also: a tripod can be your best friend for composing your shots. you can set something up, and really think about what you're shooting before you shoot it.

You need a patient and comfortable subject for these things though... most people don't like you staring at them through a lens for a few minutes and saying things like "shit" or "fucking hell".

Also: If you use digital, treat each shot like its on film you had to pay for. One of the main problems I have with digital photography is it allows you to shoot a bunch of crap with zero consequences. Pretend each shitty picture you take is going to cost you a dollar, and don't review your shots until after you've left the location. This will make you work harder for your shots.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    See if you can guess what about the background of this one drives me crazy

The fact that the guy has a pole going through his head?

BINGO! It looks painful.

9. Does "Frame Division: Diagonal Division Into Halves" bother you as much as it bothers me?

I spent a paragraph on that. Check post 105.

I really think that it could be an effective shot with a bit more time spent on composition. This is why I suggested a reshoot.