Page 29 of 103 FirstFirst ... 152527282930313343 ... LastLast

Thread: Photographers? Official

1. Quote Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
    Took a trip to the beach today.(I love clouds) Close to sunset.
    Nice shots. I used to take lots of cloud photos with my digital camera when I lived in Washington. They are sort of endlessly fascinating--the other day I was walking back from the beach with my girlfriend and the contrast of the natural, boundless and flowing clouds over the man-made city was pretty striking.

Anyway, just to show how you can make photos look with very, very basic photo editing (I use Photoshop): I ran a pretty generic process on these--no careful color manipulation, just duplicated the image on a second layer, changed the blend mode to Soft Light, did auto-levels on the bottom layer and unsharped it just a touch. You can no doubt get even better results with careful editing, but I like doing this general process to quickly edit a bunch of photos to make them more presentable.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sapphire_01.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	180.4 KB 
ID:	37308   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sapphire_03.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	171.5 KB 
ID:	37310   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sapphire_02.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	199.6 KB 
ID:	37311  

2. Quote Originally Posted by MarkRyan View Post
    Nice shots. I used to take lots of cloud photos with my digital camera when I lived in Washington. They are sort of endlessly fascinating--the other day I was walking back from the beach with my girlfriend and the contrast of the natural, boundless and flowing clouds over the man-made city was pretty striking.

Anyway, just to show how you can make photos look with very, very basic photo editing (I use Photoshop): I ran a pretty generic process on these--no careful color manipulation, just duplicated the image on a second layer, changed the blend mode to Soft Light, did auto-levels on the bottom layer and unsharped it just a touch. You can no doubt get even better results with careful editing, but I like doing this general process to quickly edit a bunch of photos to make them more presentable.
    Thanks it looks awesome....I don't have photoshop, used to, its too expensive.

Nothing is expensive when you have the internet. Noob.

4. Quote Originally Posted by MarkRyan View Post

another dirty edit is to dupe the layer. change the new layer to Overlay, knock it's opacity to 30-60% and flatten.

5. snapped a couple of really quick ones to stitch before i got drenched or lightning bolted.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled_Panorama1.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	517.5 KB 
ID:	37461  

6. I like the bit of blue in the background. Very nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    K3V is awesome!

7. i'm going to be in the market for a DSLR in the near future. limit would be $500 for the camera if possible. any ideas? i was poking around DPreview.com yesterday and got overwhelmed.

8. so the Canon in the first link says body only. i take it it's useless until i get a lens which will be another couple hundred bucks?

9. Quote Originally Posted by ElCapitan View Post
    Shit never mind then, for some reason I thought it was the kit. Kit goes for $675, so thats a little out of the $500 limit.

Unfortunately, my only experience recently has been with the Xti, so I can't really give any advice on the other models. The Nikon on the second link is a kit, comes with an 18-55 lens, and is under $500. Reviews seems pretty good as well.
    I have a Canon now, and while it's good it doesn't do reds or purples very well. And as B-Ri and myself have talked baout before, it tends to add a bit of glaucoma to the whole picture. I'm bored today so I'll start reading up on some of these.

10. nikon d40.
    b_ri on Twitch, Games Beaten in 2020 (3): Pokemon Sword (Sw), Detroit: Becoming Human (PS4), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4),