Page 2 of 103 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: Photographers? Official

1. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Heres your shot.

This is not a perfect crop, but you see what I'm saying?
    oh yeah I understood that. It is looking better removing much of the sides.

Here are what looks like the last few worthy of showing. I'm probably going to take my camera to campus tomorrow, and ill try to take some more this weekend. I got hired by word of mouth to do a photo shoot for suicide girls... yeah i know @_@
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	redondopics4%20%2838%29.JPG 
Views:	1157 
Size:	164.9 KB 
ID:	22561   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	redondopics4%20%2826%29.JPG 
Views:	1150 
Size:	161.3 KB 
ID:	22562   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	redondopics4%20%2874%29.jpg 
Views:	1154 
Size:	65.1 KB 
ID:	22563   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	redondopics4%20%28139%29.JPG 
Views:	1155 
Size:	195.7 KB 
ID:	22564  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	redondopics5%20%2891%29.JPG 
Views:	1133 
Size:	123.4 KB 
ID:	22565   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0111.JPG 
Views:	1163 
Size:	178.6 KB 
ID:	22566  

Quote Originally Posted by RDM Brian View Post
    I got hired by word of mouth to do a photo shoot for suicide girls
    Make a light box or two. Don't count on the lighting in this girls apartment to produce anything worthwhile.

Also: don't suck. Shooting nudes isn't easy.

3. not always, but usually, putting the focus of your shot dead center ends up looking boring. the rule of thirds is a good thing to work on. there's also the golden spiral theory. i'd just suggest practicing using those in your photography, see how the shots turn out. after a while you'll be able to instinctually know how to line up your shot to get the best result without having to actually think about the different techniques; it'll just become second nature.

also, i agree with satsuki. take lots of pictures of different things. photographers will take dozens (sometimes even 100+) of photos of one object or person to get the right shot.

also, if you're going to shoot a nude photoset, come up with a plan. don't just shoot photos of a girl getting naked. that's boring. make a storyboard with her. have a theme. a plot. a story. anything that's not just her getting nakie for the camera. and definitely definitely make sure you have good lighting for the shoot.

but yeah, when doing a photoset, storyboarding is an important part of it that i think most people don't do. you really want to have an idea of what it is you're aiming for before you start.

ps: check around and see what the requirements are for shooting for sg. they may require all photographers to sign a noncompete now, which you may want to seriously think about before signing.
    Last edited by gir; 06 Feb 2007 at 02:16 PM.
    "I am government man, come from the government. The government has sent me."

4. Gir know's what's up <3.

5. Yeah shooting SGirls is like shooting fish in a barrel, because they are already willing to get naked for no reason, so you need a plan to make the shot better than one step above a webcam shoot. I've shot multiple sets with multiple girls, and if you don't have an idea of what you want her to do, it's going to be a dumb shoot. I'm curious to see what you get done, but you need to work on your lighting a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

6. Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    Yeah shooting SGirls is like shooting fish in a barrel, because they are already willing to get naked for no reason, so you need a plan to make the shot better than one step above a webcam shoot. I've shot multiple sets with multiple girls, and if you don't have an idea of what you want her to do, it's going to be a dumb shoot. I'm curious to see what you get done, but you need to work on your lighting a lot.
    any suggestions or leads on how i can go about doing this other than experimenting? Its been a while since i have worked with proper lighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Make a light box or two.

8. Quote Originally Posted by gir View Post
    getting nakie
    i like that combination of words.
    Donk

9. yeah..what josh said.
    If that's too big a deal for too short a notice, photography stores have lights, art stores have lights, and if all else fails, bring every lamp in the house into the room you're shooting in. Fair warning- that probably won't be light enough still, and it's going to get really hot in there really fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

10. I did sports photography in high school, but I lack a camera of my own (no, not even film). Makes me sad, I miss it. I had at my personal use a D100, D70 and D70s, two kit lenses, nice flash kit, and two Nikkor 80-200 f2.8 lenses, over holidays and summer and everything. ;______;