Page 4 of 103 FirstFirst ... 23456818 ... LastLast

Thread: Photographers? Official

1. Quote Originally Posted by dick tip pucker View Post
    goddamned right they are.

so....i've always wanted a good point and shoot camera and i know the digital SLR's are the bomb ass. unfortunately $600+ is a bit much for me. somebody today said there are "SLI like" models that are significantly cheaper and offer pretty much point and shoot capability. is this smoke up my ass or is this true? i want good quality and no press the button/shutter delay.
    if im not mistaken the D40s are below the $600 mark, and pretty nice. check those out.

excuse me, theyre right at $600. D=
    b_ri on Twitch, Games Beaten in 2020 (3): Pokemon Sword (Sw), Detroit: Becoming Human (PS4), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4),

2. If you don't want a DSLR, but want a good camera, buy the Canon S(2,3,5) IS. It's the best camera inbetween shitty point and shoot and SLR. You get a compact size, but 12x optical zoom and a quality sensor. It's the point and shoot I want to buy (and I learned photography on DSLRs).

S3 IS is $300 on Amazon, S5 IS just came out, so it's $500. They really are spectacular cameras, though, even the older S2 IS is worth a few hundred.
    Last edited by Nomi; 30 May 2007 at 10:58 PM.

3. oh i'd love a DSLR but they're not likely to be in my impulse buy price range anytime soon. i'll do some researching on the ones you mention. thanks for the info so for you two.

4. OK! I got my Nikon D70s from my uncle (as mentioned in June Haul thread). When I go out with the camera, I'll take some pics. Right now, I'm trying to refresh my knowledge with the use of aperture and shutter speed. Not to mention getting use to the camera.

5. Quote Originally Posted by bandit View Post
    OK! I got my Nikon D70s from my uncle (as mentioned in June Haul thread). When I go out with the camera, I'll take some pics. Right now, I'm trying to refresh my knowledge with the use of aperture and shutter speed. Not to mention getting use to the camera.
    sweet, im probably gonna go wander around 1 more time with my camera before i say bye to my car for a few weeks.

also in the process of getting an apprenticeship/internship with a local multimedia company, and they have some pretty interesting clients.
    b_ri on Twitch, Games Beaten in 2020 (3): Pokemon Sword (Sw), Detroit: Becoming Human (PS4), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4),

6. By no means, do I fancy myself a photographer, but I think my lil Canon Powershot takes pretty nice photos. It probably doesn't hurt that I live in the prettiest state in the country either. Here's a few shots from Mt. Rainier and Olympic National Park:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ElwhaBridge.jpg 
Views:	292 
Size:	975.0 KB 
ID:	24579   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0059.JPG 
Views:	258 
Size:	650.7 KB 
ID:	24580   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4007.jpg 
Views:	271 
Size:	644.2 KB 
ID:	24581   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4011.jpg 
Views:	253 
Size:	709.5 KB 
ID:	24582  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4081.jpg 
Views:	280 
Size:	532.8 KB 
ID:	24583   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4005.jpg 
Views:	271 
Size:	648.3 KB 
ID:	24584  

7. Quote Originally Posted by Nomi View Post
    If you don't want a DSLR, but want a good camera, buy the Canon S(2,3,5) IS. It's the best camera inbetween shitty point and shoot and SLR. You get a compact size, but 12x optical zoom and a quality sensor. It's the point and shoot I want to buy (and I learned photography on DSLRs).

S3 IS is $300 on Amazon, S5 IS just came out, so it's $500. They really are spectacular cameras, though, even the older S2 IS is worth a few hundred.
    well i'm pretty set on the S3 IS. the S5 doesn't seem to warrent the extra cash and it's price puts it in line with DSLR cameras anyway (which is a price i don't "need" to be spending right now). reading up on dpreview.com and checking out some of the sample pics. i just hope there isn't a noticable button press to shutter delay.

8. Pseudo-still life i guess, was just reading this guidebook on my camera and just took these, eh.

Name:	DSC_0052-2.jpg 
Views:	223 
Size:	31.1 KB 
ID:	24608

Name:	DSC_0032-1.JPG 
Views:	224 
Size:	60.3 KB 
ID:	24609

Name:	DSC_0039-2.JPG 
Views:	220 
Size:	58.8 KB 
ID:	24610

Name:	DSC_0039-1.JPG 
Views:	216 
Size:	49.6 KB 
ID:	24611

Name:	DSC_0064-1.JPG 
Views:	219 
Size:	38.8 KB 
ID:	24612

Name:	DSC_0066-1.JPG 
Views:	240 
Size:	69.0 KB 
ID:	24613

9. messing around with the super macro feature on my new toy. (keep in mind i havent really touched a cameras since graduating uni 5 years ago)

Click for full size
    Last edited by Dyne; 15 Jun 2007 at 09:05 PM.

10. Damn, thats a very nice macro shot.