Page 6 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2456781020 ... LastLast

Thread: Photographers? Official

1. Quote Originally Posted by Dyne View Post
    as you can probably tell from the pics, i'm loving it. so far it's been a pretty hassle free camera. the options are there for more serious minded folks, but everything here is either on auto or super macro (no other chages).
    Very cool, I look forward to digging in on mine since I just walked in the door with it.

2. Any chance that for us noobs that maybe we can start posting camera settings that were used for the pics? I'm sure it won't always be applicable but when it is, it would be very helpful.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Glass Joe View Post
    Any chance that for us noobs that maybe we can start posting camera settings that were used for the pics? I'm sure it won't always be applicable but when it is, it would be very helpful.
    like i said all mine have been auto.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Glass Joe View Post
    Any chance that for us noobs that maybe we can start posting camera settings that were used for the pics? I'm sure it won't always be applicable but when it is, it would be very helpful.
    If you have photshop or any other adobe CS product, open up adobe bridge and look at the metadata (or you can probably use some other metadata reader).

For example, this picture:

Quote Originally Posted by Dyne View Post
    Click for full size
    Was taken with a Canon PowerShot S3 IS, the shutter speed was 1/800 sec, the Fstop was f/4.0, the aperture was f/4.0, the focal length was 72.0 mm and he did not use a flash.

5. if you have a mac just secondary click more info and you get the metadata, id imagine it would be the same on vista for properties.

i just checked, either Vista or Picasa did it, but all of it is under properties.
    Last edited by B-Ri; 21 Jun 2007 at 07:57 PM.
    b_ri on Twitch, Games Beaten in 2020 (3): Pokemon Sword (Sw), Detroit: Becoming Human (PS4), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4),

6. vista seems to be auto tagging all of my stuff like i said before. i'm just to lazy to go back and post the info. if you're viewing a folder of photos just single click on one and the info is on the bottom of the screen. or right clock, properties, details for more info.

7. Thought I would chime in with some pics. Please excuse the darkness in the pictures with the kids. It was a kiddies bday party that my coworkers kids attended at a bowling alley. I just so happen to tag along that day. I dont own one of those flash attachments so its not as bright. I borrowed his flash to take the picture of the Spiderman pinata (aimed flash up to bounce the light).

I was pretty much playing around with his flash attachment and camera lenses on my camera. The image of the Pirates of the Carribean flag thing was with his 70-210mm zoom lens which i so happen to win on eBay accidentally (posted in June haul). So I'll be playing around with the zoom more often and perfect for vacations.

I resized them to 640x426 and a resolution of 100.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0117.jpg 
Views:	231 
Size:	105.0 KB 
ID:	24899   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0119.jpg 
Views:	231 
Size:	75.5 KB 
ID:	24900   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0120.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	102.3 KB 
ID:	24901   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0121.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	24902  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0126.jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	94.9 KB 
ID:	24903   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0127.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	114.3 KB 
ID:	24904   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0142.jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	65.4 KB 
ID:	24905   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0143.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	82.3 KB 
ID:	24906  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0146.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	110.5 KB 
ID:	24907  

8. These are from a couple of different parks in Monmouth County NJ. Everything is at auto setting since I'm still a noob but I think they look pretty nice. The insect one is a bit blurry but I thought it was too cool looking to leave out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TNL 01.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	430.2 KB 
ID:	24988   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TNL 02.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	339.1 KB 
ID:	24989   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TNL 03.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	453.1 KB 
ID:	24990   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TNL 04.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	305.2 KB 
ID:	24991  

Last edited by Glass Joe; 29 Jun 2007 at 05:49 PM.

9. Just received my new zoom lens in the mail. Hopefully I'll have some new shots up.

10. These are some shots I took from my honeymoon this past April. My wife and I spent 4 nights in S.F. and 6 in Maui. Here are a few from S.F., such as Fisherman's Wharf, AT&T Park, Napa Valley, and at the Japanese Tea Garden:

Last edited by Ozzie; 03 Jul 2007 at 10:37 AM.