Page 7 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3567891121 ... LastLast

Thread: Photographers? Official

1. yay more contributions.
    i need to find a way to post up my panoramic stitches ive done but still shrink them so they're seeable. i wonder if SIMG'ing one can handle a 17+ thousand pixel wide shot.

2. ...and here are a few from Maui.

These wild turtles washed ashore to mate right in front of us our last morning there. Turtle sex ftw.

Last edited by Ozzie; 03 Jul 2007 at 11:15 AM.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Ozzie View Post
    ...and here are a few from Maui.

These wild turtles washed ashore to mate right in front of us our last morning there. Turtle sex ftw.

I went to Hawaii also (Oahu). I took the same night shot with the sunset (2nd image) when I went. Looks exactly the same.

With those panorama's, you just took two images and pieced together to make one shot? I know my cellphone has a panorama setting. Did you swim with the dolphins? I swam with the dolphins and it was pretty damn cool.

4. Here are some old pictures with my digital camera that I took when I was in Hawaii.

Hopefully now that I have Nikon DSLR D70s and a 70-210mm zoom lens, I can take better and further pictures. None of that digital/optical zoom crap anymore. Now, only if I can go on vacation now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02727.JPG 
Views:	204 
Size:	108.8 KB 
ID:	25071   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02801.JPG 
Views:	198 
Size:	144.0 KB 
ID:	25072   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02816.JPG 
Views:	199 
Size:	132.1 KB 
ID:	25073   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02835.JPG 
Views:	199 
Size:	148.5 KB 
ID:	25074  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02842.JPG 
Views:	201 
Size:	133.5 KB 
ID:	25075   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02846.JPG 
Views:	210 
Size:	157.0 KB 
ID:	25076   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02853.JPG 
Views:	196 
Size:	103.0 KB 
ID:	25077   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02938.JPG 
Views:	191 
Size:	116.0 KB 
ID:	25078  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02990.JPG 
Views:	187 
Size:	140.6 KB 
ID:	25079   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02615.JPG 
Views:	191 
Size:	145.7 KB 
ID:	25080  

5. I went to Hawaii also (Oahu). I took the same night shot with the sunset (2nd image) when I went. Looks exactly the same.

With those panorama's, you just took two images and pieced together to make one shot? I know my cellphone has a panorama setting. Did you swim with the dolphins? I swam with the dolphins and it was pretty damn cool.
    The camera I use is the Canon 800 IS, and I'm really happy with it. It has a feature for panorama, which I used for my picture of Fisherman's Wharf in SF, but I couldn't use it for the Maui photo because it takes a couple of seconds to match up the next picture, which doesn't work well when you're taking the picture of an ocean because of the waves. In playing around with it, I figured that by using the 10 continuous picture feature, I could snap and pan as I go, which worked great. It took me a couple of tries to get it right, but the Maui pan is about 7 or 8 pics stitched together.

I didn't get to swim with those Dolphins. Those were taken on my snorkel trip with the Pacific Whale Foundation aboard their boat. We snorkeled two sites and a huge (like 300 or so) pod of Spinner Dolphins were playing while we were in route to the second site, so the captain was cool enough to drive the boat in for a closer look. It was absolutely awesome.
    Last edited by Ozzie; 03 Jul 2007 at 03:00 PM.

I thought this thread was for "art"

also: dyne: photoshop: image->image size

if you don't have photoshop gtfo pls

7. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I thought this thread was for "art"

also: dyne: photoshop: image->image size

if you don't have photoshop gtfo pls
    i'm a designer josh, i know about image size. i just didn't know if i wanted to try and shrink it in PS first or try to SIMG the whole picture (regular size) and host it.

I'm a designer too. I assume everyone knows nothing. It makes my job/life easier. No offense.

also: ngr you know photoshop is going to scale an image better than a simg tag. shame on you.

9. Here's some "art" for you guys. I've been playing with film a bit this year and this is the first time I went out to shoot a roll of color. The film scanner I used kept giving me trouble and the values in the first image came out looking completely different on the computer I scanned it on from the one I'm on now, so I'll probably go back and mess around with them a little more later.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-12.jpg 
Views:	493 
Size:	95.6 KB 
ID:	25217   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-21.jpg 
Views:	516 
Size:	184.6 KB 
ID:	25218   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-10.jpg 
Views:	499 
Size:	148.8 KB 
ID:	25245  
    Last edited by Dunlap; 11 Jul 2007 at 10:46 AM.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I'm a designer too. I assume everyone knows nothing. It makes my job/life easier. No offense.

also: ngr you know photoshop is going to scale an image better than a simg tag. shame on you.
    i thought you were an audio clown?