Page 89 of 103 FirstFirst ... 7585878889909193 ... LastLast

Thread: Photographers? Official

1. Again, you can't go wrong with either Canon or Nikon. IQ is pretty damn close, and from what I've gathered, Nikon has slightly less noise while Canon has slightly more detail. I'd figure out which cameras from both are in your price range and then go to the store and pick them up and feel them. I wasn't a fan of the feel of Nikon's cameras and button placement. The Canon bodies just felt right to me.

For Canon, the near equivalent would be T2i and 60D. Both are 18mp and up to 6400ISO. The 60D is going to have the faster burst of 5.3 compared to the T2i 3.7. I believe they both share the same or at least very similar AF.

2. I just bought the D7000, its killer. There is still a kink or two in its video software, but other then that seems to be putting my D300 to shame.
    b_ri on Twitch, Games Beaten in 2020 (3): Pokemon Sword (Sw), Detroit: Becoming Human (PS4), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4),

3. I am thinking about picking up a Canon 7D in the near future. I would love to have it for sports right now, but my 5DII does a great job. The main reason I want to get it is to have a camera dedicated for wildlife if I go to Yellowstone this summer. My 5DII can have the 24-70 strictly for landscapes while the 7D could have my 70-200 combined with the 2X (added with the 1.6x crop factor, it would have a reach of 640mm). The deeper depth of field would be great as well for maximum focus on wolves and grizzlies and shit. Though it would cost me just a tad over $2200 for a 7D setup, so hopefully I can make some money selling my limited edition prints and then sell some of my other prints at the Palm Springs Photo Festival.

Anyways, here are some photos for the Photogs Thread. Went on a little walk with the dogs on the ol' Natchez Trace Parkway this afternoon. Great weather and great light, made for a few fun photos.

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

4. Three "Legged" Dog
    Click for full size

Crazy Eyes
    Click for full size

Bacon
    Click for full size
    Last edited by ElCapichan; 11 Feb 2011 at 11:37 PM.

5. Bacon is unavailable.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Dyne View Post
    Bacon is unavailable.
    Strange. Didn't mess with it on flickr, but it's back up anyways.

7. Some favorites from a concert last night. http://www.flickr.com/photos/erik_un...7626043963944/

Last edited by ElCapichan; 14 Feb 2011 at 12:59 PM.

Looks like a wicked lame show. Some good compositions though!

9. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Looks like a wicked lame show. Some good compositions though!
    It was a little lame, but I am happy with most of my shots. I used my new 70-200 which worked amazingly well. It was to be able to zoom in close on the face, focus and then zoom out and compose. I had far more faces tack sharp this time around then when just using my 24-70 trying to get close ups.

10. Just southeast of Nashville, Tennessee, there is a state park called Narrows of the Harpeth. It is a really cool place to rent a canoe and float down the Harpeth River, and it also has some neat little trails. One of my favorites is a place I have been going to since I was a young child. As you will see in the photos, there is the tunnel cutting straight through the hillside were water from the river, or perhaps from the many underground water tunnels in the area, and deposits it in a nice little pond of sorts.

The shot of the house was just a short drive tunnel and is one of the many aged, abandoned houses in the country side.

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size
    Last edited by ElCapichan; 20 Feb 2011 at 07:16 PM.