Page 1 of 103 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Photographers? Official

1. Photographers? Official

I am self teaching myself photography. I've always been big on film and video, but right now time does not allow me to do bigger projects Ive been wanting to do, so in the meanwhile I am learning photography to help me with my color and composition. Anyone experienced in photography? What do you think of what Ive posted?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wiipp.jpg 
Views:	2529 
Size:	52.4 KB 
ID:	22532   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photoexample2.jpg 
Views:	2548 
Size:	561.1 KB 
ID:	22533   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photoexample4.jpg 
Views:	2533 
Size:	555.2 KB 
ID:	22534   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photoexample.jpg 
Views:	2546 
Size:	522.2 KB 
ID:	22535  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	princessbearpp.jpg 
Views:	2512 
Size:	479.3 KB 
ID:	22536   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	n19904386_30360664_5304.jpg 
Views:	2528 
Size:	34.2 KB 
ID:	22537   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	n19904386_30360686_712.jpg 
Views:	2501 
Size:	47.8 KB 
ID:	22538   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	n19904386_30360707_6190.jpg 
Views:	2494 
Size:	37.9 KB 
ID:	22539  

Last edited by B-Ri; 16 Jun 2007 at 05:14 AM.

2. I don't do photography myself, but I did take a class once. But if you want to know my opinion on what you posted then I think they're pretty good. The picture with the bubbles was really neat and I liked the angle you used with the ferris wheel.

Looks like you like to experiment with different view points and lighting, I think your doing a good job.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Rated E View Post
    I don't do photography myself, but I did take a class once. But if you want to know my opinion on what you posted then I think they're pretty good. The picture with the bubbles was really neat and I liked the angle you used with the ferris wheel.

Looks like you like to experiment with different view points and lighting, I think your doing a good job.
    thank you! Im trying. Ive had no formal training. Id post more but no ones really giving the thread much attention.

I usually don't care for portraits, and I really don't care for the lighting in yours. Theres also a person growing out of the back of your neck. Think about the entire shot, not just your subject. Really think about what you're pointing your camera at.

I do like the angle at which you shot the ferris wheel. The dead space in the right of the bubble picture bothers me. I also like the different textures (bear, dog, carpet) in that one shot.

With a "striking" piece of subject matter, like that big metal whatever the fuck you should really consider your placement. That shot doesn't really do anything for me.

You also wear the same shoes that I do. So that has to count for something.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I usually don't care for portraits, and I really don't care for the lighting in yours. Theres also a person growing out of the back of your neck. Think about the entire shot, not just your subject. Really think about what you're pointing your camera at.

I do like the angle at which you shot the ferris wheel. The dead space in the right of the bubble picture bothers me. I also like the different textures (bear, dog, carpet) in that one shot.

With a "striking" piece of subject matter, like that big metal whatever the fuck you should really consider your placement. That shot doesn't really do anything for me.

You also wear the same shoes that I do. So that has to count for something.
    Asics rock. I have a new pair of the same color i need to start wearing, i also have them in beige with brown stripes.

Im guessing in the last paragraph you mean the venice beach sign.

Here are some more from my Redondo/LA escape weekend, plus others.

Like i said, i have no formal training. Im looking to buy new lenses, but which i dont know. All i have is my standard lens.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	redondopics27-1.jpg 
Views:	2464 
Size:	113.5 KB 
ID:	22547   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0042-1.jpg 
Views:	2465 
Size:	88.1 KB 
ID:	22548   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0051-1.jpg 
Views:	2444 
Size:	135.0 KB 
ID:	22549   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0065.jpg 
Views:	2449 
Size:	265.4 KB 
ID:	22550  

Name:	redondopics28.jpg 
Views:	2465 
Size:	294.5 KB 
ID:	22551   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	redondopics260.jpg 
Views:	2486 
Size:	281.5 KB 
ID:	22552   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	redondopics471.jpg 
Views:	2452 
Size:	308.2 KB 
ID:	22553   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	redondopics478.jpg 
Views:	2455 
Size:	251.0 KB 
ID:	22554  

Name:	redondopics4117.jpg 
Views:	2467 
Size:	379.1 KB 
ID:	22555   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	redondopics532.jpg 
Views:	2460 
Size:	332.1 KB 
ID:	22556   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	redondopics2.jpg 
Views:	2459 
Size:	297.9 KB 
ID:	22557   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	redondopics267.jpg 
Views:	2462 
Size:	293.5 KB 
ID:	22558  

6. I find the majority of serious photographers to be complete creeps and/or pervs.

Currently in an advanced photography class full of people who know what they are talking about, but take really shitty photographs.
    Tip #1- get a tripod.
    Tip #2- lenses and special bullshit aren't as important as people think they are. Good photography can happen with a disposable camera, you just need to be aware of your surroundings/lighting/etc.
    Tip#3- take a LOT of pictures of the same thing. try different angles. different lighting. different ways of holding the camera.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

7. Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    Tip #1- get a tripod.
    Have one.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    Tip #2- lenses and special bullshit aren't as important as people think they are. Good photography can happen with a disposable camera, you just need to be aware of your surroundings/lighting/etc.
    Right now im still experimenting with lighting. Half the reason i am doing photography is to learn lighting, since in film i want to concentrate in cinematography.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    Tip#3- take a LOT of pictures of the same thing. try different angles. different lighting. different ways of holding the camera.
    the wiimote took a few tries, and even then i dont think i got it perfect. The dog picture even more. The ones ive posted from redondo and LA are some of the better ones out of 600+ photos taken that entire trip. Mind you i had the camera for only 1 day before i went on that trip, and had never touched a (D)SLR in my life before that.

any other advice? I got the Nikon D50 kit.

yeah that bubble picture is awesome. But crop out that dead space on the right. You can even cut off some of the TIPS sign. These aren't too bad. Josh's comments are pretty spot on. I wish you'd take the watermark off.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

9. Quote Originally Posted by RDM Brian View Post
    post more but no ones really giving the thread much attention.
    nothing in artists block gets attention.

Heres your shot.

This is not a perfect crop, but you see what I'm saying?