Page 56 of 58 FirstFirst ... 42525455565758 LastLast

Thread: Ghostbusters 3

1. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo
    Just saw this. The first 1/3rd was good and then it fell off a cliff. So many cringy improv moments. It was like the worst SNL sketches that never end and you just feel embarrassed for everyone.
    Mzo captured my feelings perfectly here, although I would like to add that I hated Wiig's character's awkwardness even in the beginning. How the fuck was she supposed to be someone up for tenure while acting like a high school kid all worried about their first job?

Also, that ending. Jesus fuck. A nutshot moment as the climactic shootout and then a weird special friendship moment where time stands still as they hug it out while free falling through dimensions? And all the shot framing where they just filmed people one at a time dead center in front of a green screen, what the shit was that?

I did like the part where the two were quipping about the stuck up guy's dance moves. Their banter and laughing at each other felt more "real" than anything else in the movie.

http://www.slashfilm.com/ghostbuster...l-concept-art/

I'd never seen some of this original concept art before.

Its nice to see that some of it obviously lived on in the old cartoon and the game

3. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    Mzo captured my feelings perfectly here, although I would like to add that I hated Wiig's character's awkwardness even in the beginning. How the fuck was she supposed to be someone up for tenure while acting like a high school kid all worried about their first job?

Also, that ending. Jesus fuck. A nutshot moment as the climactic shootout and then a weird special friendship moment where time stands still as they hug it out while free falling through dimensions? And all the shot framing where they just filmed people one at a time dead center in front of a green screen, what the shit was that?

I did like the part where the two were quipping about the stuck up guy's dance moves. Their banter and laughing at each other felt more "real" than anything else in the movie.
    This movie just felt so incredibly forced. Maybe it's nostalgia, or just my love for a great many 80's films, but the plot and the pacing of this movie was terrible, and I couldn't help but want to watch GB 1 or 2 instead of this. Bits and pieces of this movie were funny, but I felt like was watching one of those live action Scooby Doo movies.

4. Did I write my critique here? It's all shitty directing, lack of framing of pictures to build suspense & action, and the editing. It's all unfocused. The golden moment is Leslie Jones saying something along the lines of "I'm a Ghostbuster!" THAT should have been awesome! Instead it was meaningless because the movie was too cluttered and undirected.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

5. I hate when people see/smell/taste something awful and then say "Does this look/smell/taste bad to you?" Like I want to experience that awful thing.
    Apparently more of TNL is willing to do that than I would have expected.

6. Wasn't that a joke in the movie?
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

7. Wouldn't know! I can take people's word that a bad thing is bad without having to endure it myself.

8. I honestly didn't think it was terrible. It was just a mostly okay mindless flick, which is admittedly inexcusable when you consider the movies that came before it and the nostalgia factor that accompanies them.

9. Movies?

I think you're remembering them wrong. This movie wasn't great but it was no worse than Ghostbusters 2.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

10. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Movies?

I think you're remembering them wrong. This movie wasn't great but it was no worse than Ghostbusters 2.
    That's a pretty bold statement. This movie was a steaming pile when compared to even GB2.