Page 52 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3848505152535456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghostbusters 3

1. I haven't even talked to my dad. He might have loved it. He think Melissa McCarthy is hilarious. I think she's alright but her characters are stupid, so it's probably Paul Feig I don't like.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

2. I like Melissa McCarthy, Wiig, and Kate McKinnon. Kate is the best thing to happen to SNL in a LONG time. I have no problem with them, I just don't like how people automatically played the sexist card as soon as people criticized the trailers or whatever.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    I like Melissa McCarthy, Wiig, and Kate McKinnon. Kate is the best thing to happen to SNL in a LONG time. I have no problem with them, I just don't like how people automatically played the sexist card as soon as people criticized the trailers or whatever.
    Manboys were losing their minds about this movie when they only thing they knew about it was that it had girls.

4. Manboys aren't the general public. Forced memes do influence the general public and that's what hurt it.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

5. Was the general public crying sexism or crying about the people crying sexism? I don't get where this "Nobody can criticize this movie without being called a sexist" comes from. It received plenty of middling to bad reviews from mainstream critics. Are there really people out there calling for Richard Roeper's head?

Maybe I'm underestimating the capacity for manufactured outrage, but this seems strawmanish.

6. It depends on what website you read, I guess?

I saw a lot more articles complaining about the sexist men than actual sexist men complaining about it in a sexist way

8. I've seen more articles/posts complaining about how a man can't complain about the movie without being called sexist than either.

I think this is an interesting study in which types of news stories reach our eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    I've seen more articles/posts complaining about how a man can't complain about the movie without being called sexist than either.
    So you've read tnl and nothing else. Big woop.