Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kidnemo draws a pirate

1. Kidnemo draws a pirate

Some of you might remember the battles I've had with the ole wacom tablet in the past. For the last couple years I've messed around occasionally with my tablet, ultimately deciding that tablets just weren't my thing.

Well, in the last month or so I've really tried to get the best of this abomination. I've practiced a ton, as well as made a few www.comet7.com comics with it last week.

So anyway, I feel I'm finally getting the hang of it. I've still got a long way to go, but atleast I'm making progress.

Each day this week I'm putting up a work in progress of this pirate sketch I'm working on. The entire thing has been done 100% with the tablet and photoshop. No paper, pens, scanners, or mouses were used.

So here are the first two WIP shots:

Day one: rough sketch

Day two: cleaning up details/sorting the line art

Day three: digitally "inked" everything using the tablet and photoshop - also added fat black outline around the outside

Day four: layed down the base colors

Day five: started fleshing out the coloring with shadows/highlights/etc

Day six: colors done

Day seven: full piece all done for now

Lemme know what you think and I'll post up the rest as I continue.
    Last edited by Kidnemo; 14 Feb 2007 at 04:03 PM.

2. That's awesome.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

3. Reminds me of Pepper Ann.

4. Needs more scurvy. And parrots.

It IS cool, though.

5. is that a really skinny hot dog in his hand?

6. Looks more like a Fruit Roll-Up.

7. How the hell do you do that with a tablet? Everything I do with that gets all wavy and weird.

8. It's a pirate map you dirty land lubbers!

Chaoo - Lots of practice. I still don't have very good control with the tablet and I have a feeling my final ink work is gonna still be pretty "wavy and weird" haha. We shall see how I fair when I get to that point.

Tablets are weird. I gave up on mine.

Then I lost the pen.

10. First post updated with next step.

Josh - yes they are. I'm finally starting to get a handle on using it, but I still have a lot more practice to put in.