Page 3 of 103 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Wii VC Thread: The Sequel

1. The code would have to be reworked for that... not going to happen.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Bonestorm View Post
    mp3
    Quote Originally Posted by torgo
    And I cant see Nintendo or NEC/Hudson putting any effort into compressing the cd images let alone an emulator that could work with the compressed images.
    mp3 is just a specific way of saying "compression". They'd have to add mp3 support to the emulator, not to mention support for loading and reading the ISO images. If it takes any effort at all for VC, then Nintendo won't do it.

And all for what? For games no one knows or cares about? Your average gamer couldn't care less that Ys or Lords of Thunder or whatever were originally cd games; they really won't look or be any better than equivalent hucard, SNES and genesis games to them. Not at all worth the effort from Nintendo's perspective.

3. It would take 10 minutes to rewrite the emulator code to run mp3s instead of wavs.

You lads must not practice much piracy and I think thats admirable in some kind of way. If the kids who made the TG16 emulator (hugo-x) support mp3s I think some guys who spend their who lives programming could figure it out...

buttsekz in the barn
    I took all your French Toast.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Bonestorm View Post
    It would take 10 minutes to rewrite the emulator code to run mp3s instead of wavs.

You lads must not practice much piracy and I think thats admirable in some kind of way. If the kids who made the TG16 emulator (hugo-x) support mp3s I think some guys who spend their who lives programming could figure it out...
    I think you need to remember that nintendo doesn't give a fuck, and would not bother to put that 10 minutes of effort in.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

It's more complex than that, as PCE reads by sector and not by track. That's why all the good iso/mp3 rips out there have TOC files. Yes, it would take work.

7. boobseks on a horse
    Donk

8. Is Vigilante any good? Similar to Kung-Fu?
    Backloggery
    GameTZ

Go home and be a family man.

9. That's what they say. Yoshi doesn't like it, other people do. Sounds suspect to me. I can only download Moto Roader once.
    Donk

10. This thread has a full-on lurker fight.

It's already better than the first.