Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SMB Lost Levels GBA Famicom Mini

1. Quote Originally Posted by Dylan1CC View Post
    I have my doubts that Nintendo is willing to write a little Famicom emulator for this game when they can't even be bothered to emulate ghost save data on MK 64.
    They'd have to write an FDS emulator... which has already been written. ;| You just can't buy a game that runs it on the US Wii.

So it's rom/GBA cart for me for sure. Of course I hope the Lost Levels VC rumours are true. Even if they are though, I'm sure it'll fall under their infuriating "VC games released only in their native region" policy. Not like I have to tell you that.
    I think Bbobb made that policy.

Agreed. I would have eventually bought the NES SP if only it hadn't used the old blurry SP 1 screen. An NES Lite would rule.
    I was crying for an NES micro. Gameboy is dead. I think Bbobb killed Gameboy. I think Bbobb is Hiroshi Yamauchi.
    Donk

Yamauchi kicks ass. Nintendo has gone to shit since he left.

3. Yamauchi's a mean old man who made Nintendo a giant, and then a laughing stock, both by calling everyone around him stupid. He also killed Gumpei Yokoi. For that. There can be no forgiveness.
    Donk

4. Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    They'd have to write an FDS emulator
    Yes, an FSD emu, that's what I meant. The best NES emus like Nester and FCEUltra run disk roms, and simply require a copy of the disk bios in the main folder. Don't know how/if that applies to the VC emu of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    Yamauchi's a mean old man who made Nintendo a giant, and then a laughing stock, both by calling everyone around him stupid.
    He also used 64DD Mario Artist Talent Studio to film an awkwardly "humorous" Dharma initiative style video of himself:

He also killed Gumpei Yokoi. For that. There can be no forgiveness.
    Of course he killed Yokoi-san after stealing the credit for all his ideas. Supporters of this theory find the below video eery confirmation. Behold, the no doubt appropriately titled...."Gameboy of the DEAD." (directed by.....Yoshi.)

Last edited by 1CCOSA; 09 Feb 2007 at 06:48 PM.

5. OK, Saturday I finally beat "Super Mario Brothers For Super Players" on my SMB DX cart. The same day my Famicom Mini SMB2 arrived which was a nice treat.

As you can see, it came in a slick little box. Excellent port which looks great on my SP2. Gotta love the enhanced jumps and ability to play as Luigi. FYI for those that don't know, the higher jumps were taken out of the SMB DX rev along with no Luigi, no graphical quirks such as faces on the mushrooms and clouds ect. And now I can look forward to unlocking world 9 (someday, ha)

It cost me though. $42. So far it's well worth it to have a legit copy of the game in its original form (unless some cosmic force occurs and this is released on both Japanese and U.S. VC for $5-6 )
    Last edited by 1CCOSA; 19 Mar 2007 at 08:48 PM.

6. Where did you find this for $42? I have been looking for a long time and cheapest I have seen is over $100. I'm serious. I can play it off my flash cart but would rather have the actual game.

7. Ebay prices are down.
    Donk